• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuses? We Don't Need no Stinking Fuses!

Guyfang

Staff member
I went to fix a crane one day. only 30 meters tall, not a big one. The Cat would not run along the arm, in the fast speed. Went to the cabinet to pull the porcelain fuse, so I could fool with the motor, and found that the fuse was blown. The little round fuse link, had popped out of the fuse. Then I looked at the rest of the fuses. All popped. But everything was working. Screwed out a fuse, and low and behold, a 1 mark piece was stuck in the fuse holder. All the fuses were "Fixed" with a 1 mark piece. I turned off the power at the D-Box and pulled out all the marks, and screwed in new fuses, and left 2 boxes of ten behind. I also got to go home 21 marks richer.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spotted this in a listing for a 1943 M5 Generator on CL. :eek:
View attachment 892614
That looks like a 30 amp fuse not a 25 so might be out of spec some, like infinity out of spec. My grandmother used to stick pennies under the turn in style fuses at her house when she had a party just so all the lights would stay on all night...I never understood what or why she'd do that until I got older and understood lights were more important than burning the house down with everyone in it.