• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fusible link question

NovacaineFix

Timber, going through the same issue with my 1009 and in the process of lightening the load from that headlight circuit to reduce the chance of it happening again.

That thread has a lot of good info, take it to heart.
Found out on my last desert trip about that headlight fuse burning up, same thing 30 amp fuse did not blow, but the plastic around it was melted. Had my LED running lights tied to that circuit and the headlights started to blink on and off randomly. Not cool when on the freeway in the dead of night doing 75 mph.

If all else fails, it wouldn't hurt to just change out those fusible links all together, heck they're cheap enough to do.

Good Luck my friend.

MarcusOReallyus

Had my LED running lights tied to that circuit ...
Bad mojo. Never add ANY lights directly to a vehicle's headlight circuit. Use a relay. For these old beasts, the headlight circuit was marginal and badly designed to start with. Do the headlight relay mod and you can save a lot of grief.