• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fusible Links/Runaway Starter

cjkeeliii

My starter ran away with me. It appears to have been the solenoid. However, I'm going to upgrade to the Doghead Relay when I make repairs. My question: How many fusible links get fried when this happens? I've found the one from the alternator and the one from the small wire that runs with the negative battery cable. I keep hearing about a third one. Where is it?

MarcusOReallyus

I'm not sure which one gets fried, since I have not had this problem (I did the doghead right away!), but there are a bunch hanging off the 24v buss bar on the firewall (passenger side) and there are a few hanging off the 12v junction box near the GP relay.

There might be more info in this thread, which is linked in the Helpful Threads sticky. There's also a "Fusible Links 101" thread in there that might be useful.

:beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Fusible Links 101 thread has all of the locations of the various links along with gauges.

I have never looked at which ones burn but maybe Amphi or AntennaClimber has.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks