• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FV432 sparkplugs/wires....

L999here

Need some guidence here. My sparkplugs,rotor and dist. cap look great,but seems the plug wires (original set-up) may be correded or broken. Have heard there is a better way and that one can replace with a current wire set and cheaper plugs. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.....

Yohan

Len,

There is a $1.50 ea. spark plug for a Land Rover that will interchange with the FV432's $13.00 ea. Champion plug. You can strip the guts from the armored plug wires and install a quality US set of wires within the steel braided covers- or just leave the wires plain, like in a car. I had a link to the site in the UK that sold the Land Rover plugs for $1.50 USD, but it was on my now crashed computer. I will try to find it for you. This was a mod I was going to do, but never got around to it. I looked high and low and even talked to a rep at Champion plugs to find a cheap replacement for the original 432 plugs or a source in the US. Seems they only make 'em in the UK and of course they couldn't have used a common plug from the US. :beer: