• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fwd steering axle inner wheel bearing seal

swede69

anyone find two different axle seals for this? they look totally different. any usage/advise on these parts? its a 932a1, thanks

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The difference is that the A2 models have different seals because of the CTIS system. If you look at the parts breakdown in the -24P TM, the footnote at the bottom of the pages will tell you which axle you are looking at. You need axle seals for the one listed as M939, M939A1 models.

You are looking for item #19 in the diagram, correct?

Screenshot_2015-06-26-13-45-06.jpg

If so, the NSN is highlighted in green below. You can also look in the description column to the right and check the UOC code. The UOC code for your truck is "V19". This tells what specific variations each part fits.

Screenshot_2015-06-26-13-48-09.jpg

swede69

ive got the parts looked up like you have. but does one part supersede another? i have #12375801 which looks totally different then #7979349 all the parts sites list the as a equal part..

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The current number is 7979349. The other number comes back to a cancelled part according to Parttarget.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
anyone find two different axle seals for this? they look totally different. any usage/advise on these parts? its a 932a1, thanks
The seal is available by itself and looks like any regular seal. The seal seats into a cup housing retainer at the end of the axle tube. It is available both separately and also already mounted in the cup as an assembly or the retainer is available separately. Others have reported it is a bear of a job and you might want to consider getting the retainer also incase it gets damaged knocking it out.

Search SS as many have done a great job writing it up with pictures and step by step details

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good info Juan. While I was aware of the assembly, I was not aware of the problems with changing the seal by itself. I have a lot of the -9550 seals but sounds like I need to get a couple of retainer assemblies too.