• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI. GovPlanet no longer allows partial payments on items $5k+

EO2NMCB

So if fraud is the stated reasoning for no longer taking payments for the first 5000 on a credit card they must not be concerned with credit card fraud under 5000 otherwise it would wire payments only for all transactions.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just my thoughts:
They have to pay 2.5% or more for any credit card transaction. That said, if they are going through a third party then it is probably more.
On one sale that is nothing but 400 sales then it adds up. They dropped from 10 to 5K (Make more money)
Also, once the Wire Transfer is sent it is gone, you can't get it back where with a CC you can dispute the charge.
Lastly, it is not only the bank that has to cover in the event of a stolen credit card. If it is an "In Store" purchase then the bank will cover it.
An online transaction is covered by the person/company processing the transaction.
This is nothing to do with us and all about them getting the most out of the sale and covering their a$$ to make sure they get and keep their money.
They are already getting the 10% + whatever % they get from the sale. Supply and demand. They have a monopoly on selling these so it is not like you can fight them unless we all stop buying...
I will start the revolt, I will not buy any more HUMVEEs from GP (OK actually the wife cute me off but it still sounded good)
Wasn't it posted when GP got the contract that they take 25% and the government gets 75% of the sale price ?
Then they got the buyers premium to , but 2.5% credit card fees is 10% of their portion of the contract , so you can't blame them for limiting the amount. Just look in the classifieds here most people that will take paypal want it gifted or they add the 3.5% fees to the buyer . They are doing the same thing people are complaining about GP doing but when they benifit it's OK.

Gunzy

Wasn't it posted when GP got the contract that they take 25% and the government gets 75% of the sale price ?
Then they got the buyers premium to , but 2.5% credit card fees is 10% of their portion of the contract , so you can't blame them for limiting the amount. Just look in the classifieds here most people that will take paypal want it gifted or they add the 3.5% fees to the buyer . They are doing the same thing people are complaining about GP doing but when they benifit it's OK.
OK, then buy your reasoning it is as simple as adding 2.5% for all CC transactions.

kfrosty

I think them not wanting to pay 2.5% is a valid argument, however if that's it, just say that and not that it's for our protection and convenience. Also, why accept cards on anything with a value of $5,000 or less.

I agree with you on the paypal, sending as a gift is breaking their rules and 2nd you're loosing all your protection on either side. If I'm selling I offer either or but recommend not giving up the protection unless I really know the person.

kfrosty

An experience with GL today.

I purchased 2 5 ton tops out of PA back in July. No damage in the pictures or description. I get them, one was in good shape, the other the top was upside down so I pulled down the plastic wrap inspecting only to notice it had been creased in. I immediately called GL. I explained the problem and also since the plastic wrap wasn't damaged explained I was pretty confident the shipping company didn't do it.

They directed me to file a claim so I filed one on July 29th and was supposed to hear back in 15 days. I've waited and waited and today I decide to login to my account to see if there was anything there. I get an error my account is in active and to call.

So I call to inquire about both. First I'm told my claim was declined because the item was removed from the premises. I respond with I told you guys this filing the claim, it was 800 miles away. She responded, that I should have went there and inspected the items first. (I'm not joking.) I explain how idiotic that statement was and it's their responsibility to either have pictures or state in the description if there is damage. (My guess it got damaged after pictures were taken and it was turned upside down and wrapped with plastic so it wouldn't be noticed until the wrapping was off. I actually didn't catch it until I took them to a friends who wanted one to let him pick. Looking them over closely is when we saw it)

Next, my account being inactive. I had won some NP 242 transmissions. Turns out they needed an EUC and the rep stated I failed to send it in. I replied that was incorrect.

She asked where the EUC was sent, I explained I'll have to look through sent emails as it's been over a month ago. Her response, that's it you sent them to the wrong email address.

After checking, I filled out the EUC and winzipped the info password protected and sent it multiple times to one of their reps. I had to explain what winzip was to him and finally online if I recall correctly it was indicated my EUC had been received. (I can't verify because I can't get into the account.)

So now they are saying I failed to send in my EUC when in fact I have proof I did.

I asked to speak to a manager or somebody that could actual resolve the problem, but was refused and told to email info even when protesting, relying on email is why we have these problems to start with.

So it's not just GP and this is exactly. Also, this is EXACTLY why I pay as much as I can with a credit card.

kfrosty

You can't make this stuff up.

I filed a legitimate claim with GL. I explained every detail them at the start and was told to file it. The same thing I said back then they are trying to weasel out of. They refused to address it on a call today and it's been a month and a half with no response from them as posted above.

So I filed a pay pal claim to try and get some kind of fair resolution.

Very quickly, there was a response on PayPal.

Per the Terms and Conditions (http://www.govliquidation.com/terms.html): Any buyer that attempts to rescind a credit card or PayPal transaction without our express written consent (i.e., charge-back), will be immediately and permanently de-activated from our sales. If you perform a charge-back after receiving the property, GL may file charges with the appropriate law enforcement agency, and reserves the right to pursue all remedies available to us to recover our damages. If this Claim is not canceled by 9.15.16, your account will be permanently deactivated.

They damage something and someone there probably tried to cover it up and I get threatened with charges for filing a Pay Pal dispute. I guess this is also for my protection and convenience.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't make this stuff up.

I filed a legitimate claim with GL. I explained every detail them at the start and was told to file it. The same thing I said back then they are trying to weasel out of. They refused to address it on a call today and it's been a month and a half with no response from them as posted above.

So I filed a pay pal claim to try and get some kind of fair resolution.

Very quickly, there was a response on PayPal.

Per the Terms and Conditions (http://www.govliquidation.com/terms.html): Any buyer that attempts to rescind a credit card or PayPal transaction without our express written consent (i.e., charge-back), will be immediately and permanently de-activated from our sales. If you perform a charge-back after receiving the property, GL may file charges with the appropriate law enforcement agency, and reserves the right to pursue all remedies available to us to recover our damages. If this Claim is not canceled by 9.15.16, your account will be permanently deactivated.
And if you read the rest of the fine print in GL's term's and conditions , any legal action against them has to be filed in Arizona where the headquarters are located.

kfrosty

And if you read the rest of the fine print in GL's term's and conditions , any legal action against them has to be filed in Arizona where the headquarters are located.
They can write up any thing they want, that doesn't make it law or does it mean that's what's going happen.

I've been hearing about cases now to where companies that don't have physical presences in states think they can't have lawsuits brought against them outside of their home state. However, supposedly now if you can prove a company advertises in your state and makes sales in your state, then you can take them to court in your state.

I was also on a HOA board. (I hate HOA's but had so many problems I ran for the board. There were so many things in the by laws and couldn't be enforced it was ridiculous. The way they rule is by fear & threats and then go after things like non payment of dues which they feel they have a pretty good chance of winning. If somebody pushed hard they would threaten and hope getting a lawyer involved would scare the resident into thinking they would go broke in attorney's fees and such and lose their house.) I'm so glad I'm out of that.

On this, according to them, I'll risk "breaking" the law to PayPal investigate it and make a decision.

I'm just thankful it's only an $1,100 item instead of something big.

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a nightmare Kfrosty! I never had any real problems with GL except their guy was only at Little falls like one day every two weeks to pick up stuff...... :( ....when you sweat are you going to get charged for storage...... GP on the other hand Had great customer service for me, but failed to mention or photo numerous defects on my HMMWV, Leaking injection pump, exhaust pipe hit something and snapped an ear off the transfer case resulting in leaking, Ether useage to start the vehicle.... It was the middle of the winter when I had the vehicle delivered and of course didn't notice all these things till after the inspection time was up. Didn't even try to file a claim, I chalked it up to my failure to inspect and drive the vehicle immediately.

shawnshumvee

I know this topic is a few months old, but I was wonding if anyone new what really happens when you default on a Winning item with GovPlanet?
I mean can they Charge my Credit card the amount for their ridiculous $1,500 fee or do they just report to the credit agencies and ruin your credit? I means what their power limit?

snowtrac nome

a lot of griping about gov plannet. Justin was a real help to me told me how to circumvent the pick up time to allow me time to catch a plane and pick up my truck my self. the sales process was also painless the only real complaint was paper work I now also have that with out having to bother j wade. I would buy more from them again if I had the money.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
a lot of griping about gov plannet. Justin was a real help to me told me how to circumvent the pick up time to allow me time to catch a plane and pick up my truck my self. the sales process was also painless the only real complaint was paper work I now also have that with out having to bother j wade. I would buy more from them again if I had the money.
It's hit or miss. I've had good experiences, bad experiences, and everything in between. With a large enough sample size, you'll experience it all, pretty much evenly divided across a bell curve.

Without jwade to intervene, I'm reluctant to take the risk of bad experiences... had to get him involved about 20% of the time, for simple matters like "where's my !&#&/& title?"

tage

I bought a tractor on a gov surplus site. Paid with cc. When shipper picked it up. It was not as said and filed a claim. My bank took the money back from that gov site. I get calls once and a while to return it. But I tell them they can pick it up, and pay my original shipping fee, plus storage.

When stuff is grossly misleading, and inaccurate to the point it's fraud. The credit card companies have your back then if you were on your own with a wire transfer and a lawyer on retainer.

kfrosty

I know this topic is a few months old, but I was wonding if anyone new what really happens when you default on a Winning item with GovPlanet?
I mean can they Charge my Credit card the amount for their ridiculous $1,500 fee or do they just report to the credit agencies and ruin your credit? I means what their power limit?
I saw your PM. The short answer, anybody can try to do anything they want. Businesses now a days like GP and most use fear to try and force you into their BS. You can write anything you want but what do the federal laws and laws of your state say.

Just call your credit card company and report the card lost or say it may be compromised and stop all payments. Get a new card number and problem solved.

The long version:

Did you pick up anything from them? They may try to argue they did a service for you but really WTH could they seriously debate with a sane person that would justify $1,500.
Take banks and the dishonest things they do with credit cards. The get away with it mostly by people fearing the system just like you are here. Then finally sometimes they do something that just pisses enough people off to where a group gets together and pushes back and they end up getting fined.

In my case you inquired about, just like a bank GP tried to change some fine print and didn't notify me or anything. I didn't refuse to pay, I called several times and did my best to try and pay and they wouldn't take it. So really how are they going to go after anything. Would an honest court really side with a company trying to charge $1,500 to somebody because they didn't want to take a credit card.

Their lame fraud bs is laughable because they will take credit card payments up to 5000 but if they took one for $5200 it would have put them at a risk?????

Again the problem is the US has gotten lazy and in this situation, 90% of the time a they will let a business or bank or whatever try to guilt them or shame them into doing something or they know a lot of people don't want to deal with a hassle, research laws or anything and they just follow their made up rules blindly whether or not laws would support them or not. When they lie, make up stuff, waste your time, it's just business and they don't think they are responsible for anything. A person does it, they play on human nature.

To me it's like an HOA. You have a bunch of BS on paper and I found out the hard way a lot of it isn't enforceable. (I was on a board of once dealing with all kinds of issues.) What I found is the guides work for the most part based on fear. When it comes down to it all an HOA can really end up doing is taking you to court and try to over take your house. What I found is the boards have to use tactics like you signed an agreement to move in here or they threaten members with fines. When you get in a situation where people say F U, then you have to pretty much start accessing which things you think you can win in court.

For example, not paying dues, you can't let that go being on a board and have to pursue it. But somebody parking their car on the street, no mowing the yard or mulching, courts around here are not going to uphold any type of fine and especially not force a family out of their house over it so you just keep sending the reminders.

What I figured out is things like parking on the street were clearly in the bylaws but the HOA never really did anything about it. When pushed after years the management company stated the roads are city and they can't enforce it because of city laws. So my response anytime they brought up how we signed an agreement, part of that agreement was no parking on the street so if they don't enforce that they are in breach. Some areas may have court and laws that side more with HOA's.

SO like you're question, if you really want to know the answer, getting it from somebody on here is an opinion. Unless it's a lawyer who lives where you do and knows your state and the federal consumer protection laws nobody is going to know.

If you want my opinion, we all are businesses this day and age. You have to be if you want to have a family, place to live so I treat these situations like a business just like GP or a bank or anybody else does that will screw you in a minute if it costs them a nickel they don't want to spend. A lot could care less about a perceived right or wrong.

So what's in your companies best interest. If you realize the purchase doesn't make the best business sense for your company, then factor in the pro's and con's. You want be able to purchase on the account anymore. (Sometimes I'm not so sure that isn't a pro.)

kfrosty

I bought a tractor on a gov surplus site. Paid with cc. When shipper picked it up. It was not as said and filed a claim. My bank took the money back from that gov site. I get calls once and a while to return it. But I tell them they can pick it up, and pay my original shipping fee, plus storage.

When stuff is grossly misleading, and inaccurate to the point it's fraud. The credit card companies have your back then if you were on your own with a wire transfer and a lawyer on retainer.
Don't bank on that always. I thought PayPal was always fair and sided most of the time with the buyer. Until I purchased to 5 ton tops from GL. I got them took the wrap off one and found that one of the tops was dented by a fork lift. Whomever did it wrapped shipping wrap around it to hide it.

I called GL and disputed it and they declined it. I filed with paypal. Paypal freakin denied it without even asking what the damage was. I called and asked them why they said they spoke with GL and GL said there wasn't damage or something to that effect. They didn't ask for pictures or anything.

What's funny, when I filed the PayPal claim, I immediately got an email from GL stating they were going to call the local police and have me arrested for theft or some BS if I didn't drop the dispute. I begged them to do that but for some reason they wouldn't.

There are no guarantees in any of this.

shawnshumvee

Ok. thanks for the replies. i know it comes down to my state (wi) and so on and at the end of the day i know this site is all opinions and not legal advise but i was just wondering if anyone did default for good reason or bad reason and what will GP really do or did GP do to them then i could base off of that. Know what i mean? Im not scared, no way, not me! Its just i don't understand credit card crap! If this was a criminal or civil matter i would understand my rights, the constitution, courts, burden of proof and intent, etc. But i just don't want my credit screwed up. Just wondering if they will turn that insane $1500 default fee in to a collection agency and if they did that to anyone? I don't care about my account, no biggie to me because i don't want to deal with a business that treats their repeat customs like CRAP! Thats right, I'm a repeat customer. I bought many things from GP which proves that i don't play games and I'm a serious buyer. You would think they would take that into consideration, but NOPE! This is truly an Ignorant company, but here's my situation...

I was not paying attention To the small print on the auction page regarding the new credit car rules. I mean most companies send out emails to their customers informing them of the new rules. or place a huge banner on the home page of their web site or something that really shows they were trying to inform everyone of the new rule, because i haven't been on the site for a long time. My bank does that, my CC companies, do that, ebay does that, my car manufacture does that (recalls) and so on. Most companies may a BIG effort to inform there customer base of rule change. I mean its not like GP doesn't have the power or means to send out emails. They sure do send me emails with all the times and dates for upcoming auctions, why not send your customers a email informing them of the new rules? Is that to much to ask? If they did i never got one! A good company would do a good job of notifying its customers to make sure everyone is on the same page. Moving on, I bought my first humvee in May 2016 everything went GEAT so on the 4-5-2017 i went to the site to buy more stuff. Now allowing to say that in todays world people get busy with life and time fly's by, moreover, i don't make it a habit of going on GP site everyday I'm not a dealer or something. So on 4-5-2017 I went on the site LIVE and started placing a few bids thinking the rules were the same, yes a honest mistake and there was no intent to do any harm of any kind. It was a simply mistake, we are all HUMAN. So I won another Humvee and went to check out and thats when it all started. I couldn't use my credit card.

I called GP immediately (no delay)explaining my issue and they had no mercy! (Maybe i could understand if i was a new buyer, maybe/) I told them (and these are my exact words) I don't know how I'm going to pay for this, i can't pay for this which at that time was true. I'm glade i got until the 10th of April to figure it out. So the lady said thats fine just pay the fee and everything is fine! I said What! $1,500 for a click of the mouse! I mean, its not like I was just goofing off and trying to place bids to be stupid or cause an issue! I had no ill intent to cause no one harm or financial Ruin to anyone. It was a mistake! I was not trying to hurt their way of life in anyway. No harm no foul! But for them to attempt to steal $1,500 from me will hurt me so who really as the intent to do harm? I mean what's the big deal anyways? They can run it back through the action and its sure to sell, or offer the item to the back up bidder (why they don't they that is stupidity) and give me a strike or something on my account and if i do it again then that unlawful fee (which cannot be justified) can be issued to me and i would pay because i was fully aware and it was my mistake and that would show intent if i was fully aware and still broke the rules. I never defaulted on anything! I'm a honest and responsible person. And of course, i would not ever make that mistake again because i don't buy things i can't pay for or have the means to do so! Nevertheless, i still believe you should get a second chance! So heres where it gets really bad! So when i said i don't think i can pay for this, it was a hour later i went on my account and i seen it was marked with the word "Default!" So now we have a big problem!. No matter what i say or what they think i said, by Law and by contact i have 3 days to pay! Of curse people say things when they are upset but still I have 3 days no matter what. Now after the 3days, then according to the contract and rules I'm in default but only after 3 days. So i was denied my chance to pay because some GP employee misinterpreted my words and my emotions and put me in default. which i believe she as no right to do that until i have actually defaulted. So I pulled some strings and got the money ready and i'm trying to pay but they said that can't because I'm in default, moreover, they cannot change my status which is BS! If they placed it in default they can unplaced it out of default, I'm sure its just a click of the mouse. so now they are refusing to take my money and say I owe fee.Now keep in mind i never touched the humvee, never took ownership or nothing. i just won the auction that day and that same day i was put in default. This is true and i can prove. This is just a Game to them and they don't care about their customers at all. because if they did they would give me the 3 days as agreed to and allow a man who was shocked and upset to pay for his debt and make a mends. But they would rather steal $1.500 from a repeat customer who spent well over $20K thus far. Talk about stupidity!
nevertheless I'm thinking about filing a claim with my court for breach of contract! They would have to come to me and justify while they broke the contract and denied me 3 days to pay. In my opinion the only way i'm in violation and a $1,500 fee can be rendered onto me is if i fail to pay within the 3 days which i was aware and is clearly stated in the rules. But I'm not in default. some GP employee jumped the gun in my opinion. I have the money and i want to pay my debt but their stupid rules won't let me. This is Ignorance to an all new level and customer abuse in the highest degree.

I'm done with GP!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok. thanks for the replies. i know it comes down to my state (wi) and so on and at the end of the day i know this site is all opinions and not legal advise but i was just wondering if anyone did default for good reason or bad reason and what will GP really do or did GP do to them then i could base off of that. Know what i mean? Im not scared, no way, not me! Its just i don't understand credit card crap! If this was a criminal or civil matter i would understand my rights, the constitution, courts, burden of proof and intent, etc. But i just don't want my credit screwed up. Just wondering if they will turn that insane $1500 default fee in to a collection agency and if they did that to anyone? I don't care about my account, no biggie to me because i don't want to deal with a business that treats their repeat customs like CRAP! Thats right, I'm a repeat customer. I bought many things from GP which proves that i don't play games and I'm a serious buyer. You would think they would take that into consideration, but NOPE! This is truly an Ignorant company, but here's my situation...

I was not paying attention To the small print on the auction page regarding the new credit car rules. I mean most companies send out emails to their customers informing them of the new rules. or place a huge banner on the home page of their web site or something that really shows they were trying to inform everyone of the new rule, because i haven't been on the site for a long time. My bank does that, my CC companies, do that, ebay does that, my car manufacture does that (recalls) and so on. Most companies may a BIG effort to inform there customer base of rule change. I mean its not like GP doesn't have the power or means to send out emails. They sure do send me emails with all the times and dates for upcoming auctions, why not send your customers a email informing them of the new rules? Is that to much to ask? If they did i never got one! A good company would do a good job of notifying its customers to make sure everyone is on the same page. Moving on, I bought my first humvee in May 2016 everything went GEAT so on the 4-5-2017 i went to the site to buy more stuff. Now allowing to say that in todays world people get busy with life and time fly's by, moreover, i don't make it a habit of going on GP site everyday I'm not a dealer or something. So on 4-5-2017 I went on the site LIVE and started placing a few bids thinking the rules were the same, yes a honest mistake and there was no intent to do any harm of any kind. It was a simply mistake, we are all HUMAN. So I won another Humvee and went to check out and thats when it all started. I couldn't use my credit card.

I called GP immediately (no delay)explaining my issue and they had no mercy! (Maybe i could understand if i was a new buyer, maybe/) I told them (and these are my exact words) I don't know how I'm going to pay for this, i can't pay for this which at that time was true. I'm glade i got until the 10th of April to figure it out. So the lady said thats fine just pay the fee and everything is fine! I said What! $1,500 for a click of the mouse! I mean, its not like I was just goofing off and trying to place bids to be stupid or cause an issue! I had no ill intent to cause no one harm or financial Ruin to anyone. It was a mistake! I was not trying to hurt their way of life in anyway. No harm no foul! But for them to attempt to steal $1,500 from me will hurt me so who really as the intent to do harm? I mean what's the big deal anyways? They can run it back through the action and its sure to sell, or offer the item to the back up bidder (why they don't they that is stupidity) and give me a strike or something on my account and if i do it again then that unlawful fee (which cannot be justified) can be issued to me and i would pay because i was fully aware and it was my mistake and that would show intent if i was fully aware and still broke the rules. I never defaulted on anything! I'm a honest and responsible person. And of course, i would not ever make that mistake again because i don't buy things i can't pay for or have the means to do so! Nevertheless, i still believe you should get a second chance! So heres where it gets really bad! So when i said i don't think i can pay for this, it was a hour later i went on my account and i seen it was marked with the word "Default!" So now we have a big problem!. No matter what i say or what they think i said, by Law and by contact i have 3 days to pay! Of curse people say things when they are upset but still I have 3 days no matter what. Now after the 3days, then according to the contract and rules I'm in default but only after 3 days. So i was denied my chance to pay because some GP employee misinterpreted my words and my emotions and put me in default. which i believe she as no right to do that until i have actually defaulted. So I pulled some strings and got the money ready and i'm trying to pay but they said that can't because I'm in default, moreover, they cannot change my status which is BS! If they placed it in default they can unplaced it out of default, I'm sure its just a click of the mouse. so now they are refusing to take my money and say I owe fee.Now keep in mind i never touched the humvee, never took ownership or nothing. i just won the auction that day and that same day i was put in default. This is true and i can prove. This is just a Game to them and they don't care about their customers at all. because if they did they would give me the 3 days as agreed to and allow a man who was shocked and upset to pay for his debt and make a mends. But they would rather steal $1.500 from a repeat customer who spent well over $20K thus far. Talk about stupidity!
nevertheless I'm thinking about filing a claim with my court for breach of contract! They would have to come to me and justify while they broke the contract and denied me 3 days to pay. In my opinion the only way i'm in violation and a $1,500 fee can be rendered onto me is if i fail to pay within the 3 days which i was aware and is clearly stated in the rules. But I'm not in default. some GP employee jumped the gun in my opinion. I have the money and i want to pay my debt but their stupid rules won't let me. This is Ignorance to an all new level and customer abuse in the highest degree.

I'm done with GP!

Well you stated you couldn't pay for it , you shouldn't have bid . Buying toys with a credit card is a bad plan.

Maybe $1500 seems high but GP has costs in listing ,storing, moving items and you expect them just to eat that because you couldn't pay for it . They have costs involved and if they just blew it off people would default and not care .

It is just like the site rules here on SS most people just click agree and never actually read them , they also change from time to time without always sending e-mails or big banner ads . It's your responsibility after a year without dealing with them to know the current terms of bidding before bidding on something you can't pay for without plastic.

penokeevet

I've purchased two vehicles via GP and satisfied/happy with both vehicles. There have been minor glitches, but both times the issues were quickly resolved. Their experienced employees have been extremely helpful. By contrast, my experiences with GL have not been good . After GP took over the sale of vehicles. the quality of the GL employees dropped a notch or two. Just IMHO.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The mistakes i see here -

1) bidding with credit.

2) calling GP before you thought it through.

3) making emotional statements.

Don't tell your bank the card is stolen. Why make a false statement of fact? Have them close it without giving a reason... although GP likely won't charge the card.

My best guess says GP will simply lock your account until/unless you pay the default fee. Done.

As to who you're harming by bidding and defaulting - people like me. I'm bidding against you with cash. You run the item up beyond the cash I've got in hand and I can't compete, then you don't pay and I see the item relisted next week. (Then I think GP shill bid it). There's multiple accounts in the General Questions subforum about this exact situation. I've experienced it on at least four occasions. It's easy to resent people who default for whatever reason...

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've purchased two vehicles via GP and satisfied/happy with both vehicles. There have been minor glitches, but both times the issues were quickly resolved. Their experienced employees have been extremely helpful. By contrast, my experiences with GL have not been good . After GP took over the sale of vehicles. the quality of the GL employees dropped a notch or two. Just IMHO.
Meaning they hit rock bottom and started to dig....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks