• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G-day from New Zealand

jeep

Giday guys
I am new here from NZ. I have owned WW2 era jeeps for many years, a 1942 GPW, 1943 MB and Bantam jeep trailer, but have recently got a 1943 WC51. I am member of several jeep related forums but as i saw Steel Soldiers has alot of content regarding the Dodge i thought it would be benificial to join and share or learn new info on the vehicle. I am ex New Zealand Army and have collected militartia uniform etc since a child and now have an extensive collection which i am working on getting displayed by way of a museum the New Zealand Wing of the Commemorative Air Force of which i am a member is trying to establish. I also collect WW2 weapons and antique books.
I look forward to meeting you on the boards

Attachments

jeep

cheers for the welcomes guys, looks like you have some mighty fine toys yourselves. There is not alot of M series or latter US gear in NZ, most of the MVs here being of the WW2 era from NZ and US forces use or 1960s /70s era British, Land Rovers, Australian Internationals or 1980s Lans Rovers and German Unimogs NZ army has demobbed

WPNS421

Welcome to the site Kiwi, where are you located North or South Island, my son lives just north of Wellington. Nice vehicles, have talk to other MV owners in Austrailia and NZ through a site called MLU n(Maple Leaf Up) couldn't believe there were so many collectors in your area. GDAy Mate

tankland

hi fellow kiwi,im working at a military museum here in los angeles ,california.im from tauranga,been here 10 years now.im currently restoring the worlds largest air raid siren,built by chrysler in the 50s.come and se us some time. at www.tankland.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks