• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G177 tire swap on a M35A2

Deucinncruisin

Hello, I recently purchased a set of G177’s for my M2.

A few questions:

are spacers required for the installation?

does the swap require inner tubes??

if so, what size and where can I find them

what other pieces am I not thinking of for the swap?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you mean by "spacers"? The G177s are tires that fit on the stock deuce rims. That means that they need everything that the stock NDTs nedded, tube and flap liner (forget what its really called). The tubes will be sized for the tires, so 11-20s and you can probably get them from any decent truck tire place. That is unless you have some other tubeless rims that they fit.
Are you going to be putting them on the rims yourself? If so you're going to need the right tools.

tommys2patrick

I recall a thread on here about replacing the regular bolts on the trunnion cap with button head(hex drive) and seems to rub less destructively on the tires. I also recall that you can get a spacer that fits on the hub , you would need four. not sure but I think it was 1/4 inch thick flat plate and fit over each of the four rear hubs. I seem to recall this problem affected some deuces more than others. It seemed to have something to do with the condition of the dogbone rubber. which affects how much lateral movement you get on the rear axles. Some deuces seem to ride more left or more right in terms of how the tires are spaced from the frame out. my two cents.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
G177's are a great upgrade and look, but a lot noisier than the NDTs. I did the conversion on mine, tires took the paint off of the outer edge of the trunnion cap screws (but only on one side) so if I had to do it over again, I'd go with maybe 1/4" spacers. New tubes and flaps are necessary for the larger tires. You'll also need to modify the front spring perch on both sides to correct the axle angle/pitch, or something to that effect. There are threads on the site detailing the procedure, it is pretty simple though.
(1) Changing caster angle solved problems with G-177 tires | SteelSoldiers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks