• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G177 Tires on a M35A2, How do you like them?

Welder1

Who has them on their Deuce and how do you like them?
Thanks, Pat
I have Firestone T831 tires. They are very similar to the G177 but have a more aggressive tread. When you put radials on a deuce you will most likely have to increase the caster angle in the front end. I like mine they ride well and don't wear much.

Eddie

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love love love love love love love them!!!

Wear like iron and ride so much nicer. I got lucky and didn't have to change my caster angle at all. Keep the fronts rotated out and going on 12 years they are still great. Put about 10k on them.

All my trucks have them now, trailers will get rotated to them when the pile of NDTs I have wear out.
16149657350052888973013697239569.jpg

jasonjc

Wear like iron and ride so much nicer. I got lucky and didn't have to change my caster angle at all. Keep the fronts rotated out and going on 12 years they are still great. Put about 10k on them.

All my trucks have them now, trailers will get rotated to them when the pile of NDTs I have wear out.
View attachment 827460
Are they 900 or 1100'S??

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 827460
Are those the tires you got from me? I did not realize it has been 12 years since you and your father were up here.

tobyS

They fill up with mud. Not really an off road tire unless you own a mine. Do you have a locking carrier?

Will chains fit?

I

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are those the tires you got from me? I did not realize it has been 12 years since you and your father were up here.
Yes, this was the set I got from you all those years ago! The wife and I broke them down off the 5 ton rims and mounted them to the deuce rims. We lived in an apartment complex at the time. They weren't happy lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks