• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

G749 Winch Drive

dabtl

I located a former fire service M135 W/W one day before it was to be scrapped.

I managed to save the entire winch drive line. The winch was cracked at the bottom of the alloy cover, the shear pin sheared off and no pillow bearing shield was present.

The pictures of the front drive shaft shows it was repaired by welding a sleeve onto it at some point. These are readily available for $30 new.

The pto is intact with the shift cable and under floor plate still attached.

The ever elusive pillow block bearing mount is intact.

Now, to clean it up and see about reproducing the bearing mount for others.

Attachments

dabtl

My nos replacement U-Joints and yokes for the M135/M211 drive line.

The first is the yoke for the winch end of the drive chain. It has two holes for the shear pin and no key.

The second is the PTO end of the drive train with the keyed threaded bolt hole.

If you are working on a G749 winch drive train you need both of these plus another keyed and press pinned yoke with U-Joint.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
G749 winch

Congrats on a good find. Being April 1st it's hard to know what to believe and finding that.....unbelievable.:)

Did all the hole spacings in the bracket match the numbers we've been tossing around?

dabtl

Congrats on a good find. Being April 1st it's hard to know what to believe and finding that.....unbelievable.:)

Did all the hole spacings in the bracket match the numbers we've been tossing around?
Just from the pics you sent, the TM's and one pillow bearing we came unbelievably close!

I will take the prototypes to the office to compare with the bracket I got yesterday. Sometimes by guess and by God comes really close.

I am going to the tractor house tomorrow to see if I can get a number on the dual keyed yokes, BM-L-12-SYR-20-13, and U-Joints, YT-2185106, for replacements. I am also going to see if drive shafts are available.

Your pics showed a new set of the yokes and U-Joint at the pillow block so there must be current numbers on those.

dabtl

Some pics of the first attempt to duplicate the original pillow bearing bracket.

The first shows the original attempt to duplicate the bracket from pics and some measurements provided by plowboy. Fairly close compared to the original.

The second shows how we screwed up on the spacing of the frame bolt holes. Easily corrected.

The third shows the prototype shield placed on the original bracket. Pretty close also.

The last shows the prototype shield on the prototype bracket. Again fairly close.

I will get the prototypes up to specs this week and have three of the brackets and shields based on the original bracket.

Close examination of the original bracket will show the scars left from the twisting of the front drive shaft and breaking of the winch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks