• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA Rally participants check in

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got home about1645 Sunday in time to remember my house keys were in the front of the shop van on the refrigerator. So I had to unload a bunch of stuff to be able to crawl forward and get them - got in the house about 1730. Hooked power to the refrigerators, then put the stuff I unloaded to get to my keys away and took a shower and went to bed. Unloaded my pics of the convoy onto the computer. Got a decent shot of all vehicles in the hardball convoy - 139 MB worth. Will try to post some later after shrinking them from 3648 x 2736 down to 800 x 600. Lots more unloading to do first.

Atomic

Home safe around 1930. My cat was so happy to see me she gorged her self on cat food and the three treats I gave her and............then vomited twice, ahhhhh good to be home.

Good time.

jw4x4

Got home at 12:30 am. No trailer tire issues. A couple of lengthy construction delays on 75 north. It's raining today which will help soften the red Georgia clay on the M1009 and make it a bit easier to clean. Had a great time as usual.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Miss Kitty and I rolled in about 1730 Sunday evening. Had an uneventful road trip, just longer than we like. Big red 'mog liked the highway run at 55 to 60 mph and rewarded us with 13.8 mpg going down pulling empty M-105, and 11.6 coming home with 9 big tires and lots of other goodies from the rally in the trailer.

Thanks to Adam, Joe, and others who helped with the comms. We had full time contact with the trail rides and for most of the hardball convoy. If the convoy goes to Washington again next year we'll have a contingency plan for lower frequency comms to cover that with NVIS mode.

This was the best SS GA yet (not counting the tater peeling)!!!

A huge thanks to the MKT crew!!!!!! Those folks do a great amount of work we never see 'cause we're still asleep!

Tennmogger and Miss Kitty
WB4ETT

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made it home safe after 3-1/2 hours back to Hiawassee. I would have made it sooner but I broke down again in the A3. I could only make 30 mph when I finally rolled in. Woody looked at it and thinks it's the high pressure pump failing. This was the best rally yet! I even broke even on what I sold and bought - that is a first!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We drove 18 hours with out any problems. I had fun. Good time, Good people, Good deals on everything.

Jimma

Got home around noon on Sunday. That 65 mile ride was just brutal. (not) It was a great ride with only 1 red light / intersection to deal with all the way home. It was a great rally.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
I got in about 1630 sun. Ony a loose strap, didn't loose any thing. Pvt Bones rode in the Jeep on the way back and hade a lot fo people slow down and take pitures, one gut almost ran into me trying to tack a pick. but other than that all went well. Got a list of things i want to change , and fix on the jeep to make it more reliable and usable. Radiator and altinator are trashed dut i had a blast!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I pulled out at 8:30am and rolled in at 10:56am. The deuce netted 8.3 mpg. Might have had something to do with it being ran at 2600rpm almost non stop. Probably pushed it harder than I should have, but Mrs. Patracy informed me I was to return to HQ immediately. aua

NMCShooter

Made it home a bit before noon Sunday. The shenanigans on the trails must have shook some crud loose in the tank cuz she started cuttin out at WO throttle after I left and by the time I got 30 miles from home top end was maybe 35 mph, 15 on hills. Had a blast and I can't thank those of you who made it happen enough. I'll never miss it again.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Made it home a bit before noon Sunday. The shenanigans on the trails must have shook some crud loose in the tank cuz she started cuttin out at WO throttle after I left and by the time I got 30 miles from home top end was maybe 35 mph, 15 on hills. Had a blast and I can't thank those of you who made it happen enough. I'll never miss it again.
The only thing loose was a nut behind the wheel. :shock:

pgwaldner

Made it home finally @ 20:00 last night after sitting with the NASCAR folks on I-20 for hours. My son and I had a blast - broken truck and everything. Thanks a ton to Papabear for getting his truck back to camp. I have to go pick it up in Decatur tomorrow night where my brother in law lives as he made the round trip in one day to recover the truck. He was on the road for 16 hours as he had to go through Talladega twice on Sunday. BTW my son has a new name for next year- "freak out".:D

Attachments

Sirblissfull

Just pulled in to Houston after picking up the 900 series cab for NDT in some tiny town in Alabama.

Averaged 12.5 MPG with the 900 cab on the way back.
Averaged 13.5 with the CAT trans on the trailer on the way up.
Normally average about 16 loaded with just the normal 8 people.

Tired and glad to be home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks