• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA-TN tag/title question

AtomicHillbilly

I think I have found the answer to this in another post, but wanted to see if I can get some direct input.

I am talking to a guy in GA about buying a Deuce. I (As you can tell from my signature) live in TN. After talking to him, it seems like it's a pretty decent truck- a couple of small problems but nothing major and it is a good price. When I asked about a title, he said all he had was a BOS. From my research and what he said, it seems this is all that is needed in GA to get a tag.

My question to you fellas- has anyone registered/titled a GA registered truck (no title) in TN, which requires a title? Anything I should watch out for? I found another SS post after searching where someone said it shouldn't be a problem to get a TN title if the truck was previously registered in GA. I plan to call the County Clerk in the morning to say what they say.

Thanks for any assistance.

~J

davidkroberts

i did it was VERY easy, just take the BOS and anything else you have paperwork wise and go to your local county clerks office. pay your sales tax and fees and they will send you a title, you will walk out with a registration and tag. i did the same thing on both the vehicles in my avatar and had zero problems.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called WI DOT about the same thing. They said no problem as long as the GA resident registered it before he sold it. Otherwise it would just be a BOS that anyone anywhere could come up with.

AtomicHillbilly

Thanks for the input! I am hoping to go check it out tomorrow and see where it goes from there.

How does TN calculate the sales tax on a 40 year old vehicle? Our 10% purchase tax is high, but I prefer that to income taxes!!