• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA to TX support, supply and rescue run!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Hello to all my SS brethren, after an entire week of gathering food/water/diapers/clothes/boots/shoes/toys/coloring books/soap/shampoo and countless other items donated it's time to roll.

Tomorrow morning (Saturday 9-2-2017) at 5am sharp I (along with my soldier B Bryant, and an F150 towing a trailer with 3 comrades), will depart headed from Georgia to Texas in a daring attempt to save lives, and make an impact after hurricane Harvey made landfall. We have atleast 1 stop before we leave the georgia line picking up some more donations.

I have my M923a2 loaded to the max, and will be headed i20 westbound for majority of the trip. We aren't 100% certain where our journey will end, as we will be making many stops along the way to give assistance as necessary, but we are prepared to hit ground zero in houston if deemed necessary.

I plan on updating our progress along the way, and after a full day of maintenance fun on my truck I feel confident she will get us through; although if we need any help, any technical help or physical assistance will be much appreciated.
Y'all keep an eye out for us, and wish us luck!

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember it's a truck not a boat. If water gets to the bottom of your doors it might be time to stop and rethink your situation.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need to stop by csmdavis' in hattiesburg and buy 2 or 3 extra truck fuel tanks. Or else you won't make it back out. A 923 especially loaded only has a range of 320miles. Or about 9hrs of put around time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
You need to stop by csmdavis' in hattiesburg and buy 2 or 3 extra truck fuel tanks. Or else you won't make it back out. A 923 especially loaded only has a range of 320miles. Or about 9hrs of put around time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I'm bringing a 120 gal aux tank in bed

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you fuel up in Lake Charles/Sulphur LA, it's only about 140 mi to the center of Houston.

Sing out if you run into trouble along the way.

m715mike

Extra fuel is a good call. Finding gas stations with fuel (especially diesel) is getting harder.

Local news in Houston (either yesterday or the day before) reported that I-10 was closed in three places between Houston and the Louisiana/Texas state line. I don't know if it has reopened.

I hear Beaumont still has no city water and no electricity. It sounds like supplies are needed there.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Most fuel in the hot zone is going to be contaminated or you risk of places being out cause they are the closest to it. Or it being priced gouged. The more fuel the better.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Just merged i20 to i19 south

1974 AM General M109A3 w/Deuce Bed, White LDT, Whistler C, and soft top

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most fuel in the hot zone is going to be contaminated or you risk of places being out cause they are the closest to it. Or it being priced gouged. The more fuel the better.
Guys I'm at ground zero of this and gas is $2.10 and Wal Mart, Home Depot etc is fully stocked.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Stopped in Hankamer to drop supplies at the FD, great folks. Headed back to Beaumont and gonna fight my way into Vidor

KDUSAF

Elijah95....THANK YOU for taking your truck (extremely useful!) to help your fellow man! I just returned from Houston after 6 days of working with Harris Cty Sheriff's Office and Houston PD. We took 2 x 5-Ton trucks. There is a young lady in Houston who would like a truck to run some supplies to Beaumont, she will fill you up. Her name is Alex (713-540-0664). I am Kevin Drake (210-373-7600)...I can give you direction for food and even some fuel. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks