• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GAA Grease

almalo1ny

Yeah I tried this guy but seems he won't sell to me unless I have an American Credit card or American Paypal. Not sure how to do that from Canada. I thought PayPal was good anywhere. I did give him a US address that I use and corresponded with my business email address. Anyway that's my own problem I guess. I read the MSDS and we have a Millitary grade grease here called Metalon. Not sure if it's the same but it's blue and really stringy like spider webs. Expensive too...does that seem ok? It apparently can blend with other grease and not lose effect.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
aboonski,

You can find better quality red multi purpose grease commercially in bulk from a major company at a oil jobber. Valvoline (same as napa brand) sells in bulk at Napa but you can probably do better at a distributor in the small barrels.

Kloakndagr

What's a good replacement brand that I can go to the local napa store to purchase 2 tubes. I just read all 60 plus post, it would be nice if someone would just put "I use brand X, purchased at X auto parts/Wallyworld etc" instead of yada yada yada, MIL specs, blah blah blah. What ever happened to the KISS response. I won't tell you how much I had to read on the ins and outs of GL-1 vs GL-5, one guy you'd swear acted like someone said something about his mother - that was a turn off for a new guy to this site. For the most part most of the interaction has been positive. Thanks in advance, keep it fun.

trukhead

MOre than I ever thought I could know about grease! This thread taught me more about grease. i could just keep reading post about grease till the fat lady sings

brasco

Valvoline Cerulean Grease

I found this older thread while researching what kind of grease to put in a M925A2 steering knuckle.

I appears to be diffucult to find new GAA grease so I'm trying to find a commercial equivilant.

Has anyone tried Valvoline Cerulean grease? It appears to meet most GAA grease specs except High Temp life hours, 80 vs 100. I don't any commercially available grease will meet all to GAA specs and I don't see myselfe driving in the middle of Death Valley in August. I need something that I can get locally and on the road if needed.

Specs below for comparison... any experience reports would be appreciated.

View attachment MIL-PRF-10924G.pdf View attachment hd_cerulean_grease.pdf

wdbtchr

What's a good replacement brand that I can go to the local napa store to purchase 2 tubes. I just read all 60 plus post, it would be nice if someone would just put "I use brand X, purchased at X auto parts/Wallyworld etc" instead of yada yada yada, MIL specs, blah blah blah. What ever happened to the KISS response. I won't tell you how much I had to read on the ins and outs of GL-1 vs GL-5, one guy you'd swear acted like someone said something about his mother - that was a turn off for a new guy to this site. For the most part most of the interaction has been positive. Thanks in advance, keep it fun.
I use the Mobile 1 red synthetic in everything anymore. Haven't had any problems and it available form most automotive sources. Since the major point of greasing parts is to push out the old contaminated grease and replace it with clean I figure soon enough it will all be Mobile 1. As far as wheel bearings I always clean them and repack with Mobile 1, so not compatibility issue. I'm a strong believer in KISS.2cents

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thread: GAA Grease

Thread just about 10 years old, still important. The questions and answers.
What is GAA, exactly? Where is it made, where it it sold, what is newest military specifications?

It is MIL-PRF-10924H
for the NEW GAA goto here
http://qclubricants.com/sl320.htm
here is where to get it now
http://qpldocs.dla.mil/search/parts.aspx?qpl=2502
and attached is dataView attachment MIL-PRF-10924H with admentment two.pdfView attachment GAA biodegradable.pdfView attachment GAA MIL-PRF-10924H GAA -MIL-G-10924 MSDS .pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks