• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gadsden Falg stencils????

andytk5

Gadsden Flag stencils????

I have been trying to figure out what to paint on the truck doors for the duece and cucv for a while. I finally came to the conclusion that some rattle snake stencils and "DTOM" under it would be awesome just like on the gadsden flag. Does anyone have any info on any existing patterns like this?
Thanks

Last edited:
Found this: Don’t Tread On Me Stencil - Soldier Systems

Not the original style but looks pretty cool. May be slightly smaller than you want but it would work.

If you can't find what you are looking for and are willing to spend a little money, try http://www.dankerscreenprint.com/ . They will probably have an artwork and setup fee but their work is top notch. All you would have to do is provide them an image file of the Gadsden flag (preferably a vector based image) and tell them what wording you want on it. They will send you an image proof to sign off on before they start cutting. In a fairly low volume order they would probably laser cut them and they can even do it with and adhesive back so it would work very well as a stencil. You could probably order a couple dozen and then sell the extras in order to recoup your investment.

Attachments

Last edited:

3dAngus

Most sign and/or stencil shops can do your own graphics to any size you want. Just carry a graphics image of your choosing up there and work it out. Better call first to make sure you are on the same page for the format, as most of the shops work with different software and have different format requirements. ie, coreldraw, .pdf, .gif, .bmp etc.

CycleJay

HI guys,

Where can I buy that DTOM stencil?

I searched the milspecmonkey website, and found nothing...

Any info would be appreciated. thank you...

HI guys,

Where can I buy that DTOM stencil?

I searched the milspecmonkey website, and found nothing...

Any info would be appreciated. thank you...
Huh, interesting. I found it but didn't try to buy it. Appears that purchasing it isn't as simple as adding it to your cart. You might want to try the email link on their website. That or google it as I did and see it someone else sells it.

jw4x4

NOW I see what it is. At first, I thought it was some type of German detachment. I appreciate the clarification.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seem to recall, this was a popular flag around the time of our country's bicentennial.

andytk5

Found this: Don’t Tread On Me Stencil - Soldier Systems

Not the original style but looks pretty cool. May be slightly smaller than you want but it would work.

If you can't find what you are looking for and are willing to spend a little money, try Danker Print Solutions . They will probably have an artwork and setup fee but their work is top notch. All you would have to do is provide them an image file of the Gadsden flag (preferably a vector based image) and tell them what wording you want on it. They will send you an image proof to sign off on before they start cutting. In a fairly low volume order they would probably laser cut them and they can even do it with and adhesive back so it would work very well as a stencil. You could probably order a couple dozen and then sell the extras in order to recoup your investment.
Thanks for posting that DTOM stencil from milspec. That one is cool but I am more interested in the original style. I think what you and others said about going to a shop is the best idea. I'll be looking into this so I will post back with results.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks