• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gainesville Fl

shannondeese

Does anyone live around Gainesville Fl. I am thinking about moving back there in 12 months when I retire. I am from High Springs and will be looking between there and Gainesville for a house. The fun part is going to be moving 4 trucks and my bobbed Deuce. Also is there any place left to wheel there. I'll be leaving Southern California. The wheeling capitol of the U.S. Thanks.

dirtyfingernails

Shannon,
Gainesville is a common place for retirees. I am not too familiar with offroading areas, but I'm sure they are few and far between here--especially compared with California. I'd like to see that C30 of yours.
Steve

A

A/C Cages

Why would anyone live in Gainesville...lol
Kidding dirtyfingernails
Im in Orange City and there is one heck of a mud hole area at 5A. Its a big area near I-95 and Maytown road. There are pics of the area in my profile.

Welcome to Fl if you come.

dilligaf13

I have a friend that left South Florida and retired to High Springs and he absolutely loves it. Then again after living in South Florida Hel! would seem nice.

DUECE-COUPE

I have a place in orange springs, it is a little bit east of Gainesville, fl and will be going on the market soon. I can send you pics and give you the address if you would like to get and idea where it is.

shannondeese

Thanks for the info. My parents and whole family live in and around High Springs and Lake City. My wife's family is in Gainesville. Now I have to start prepping 5 trucks, 1 Deuce, and two trailers "one of which is still mostly a pile of steel in the back yard" to move. Along with the house hold stuff and an entire shop worth of tools. I figure I have 12 months to get it all there. Plus my Dad said I can store it all at his place. I'm going to miss the desert and all the open riding and wheeling. But Family ties run deep and it's time to go home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks