• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat toggle switches

Sarge

Okay guys, I've used the search function, I've consulted TM9-2320-242-34P.
The 34P lists the 3 toggle switches (wipers & bilge pump) as P/N MS39061-1 and FSN 5930-00-296-6318 (Figure 57 item 2)
So here is the big question!
Anybody have any idea where I can buy 3 of these switches?
Heck, while I'm begging for help, what's a reasonable source for the speedo?
Thanks in advance, I know someone will have the answer!
-Sarge

davidkroberts

you might want to ask the yahoo groups web forum. That is a question they are more geared for. Ive pulled the back from that plate the switches look like a off-the-shelf part. You should be able to use a heavy equipment switch thats 24V

Sarge

Okay, if you are bored, read on, if you are busy, go to the next post.
I like to give credit where credit is due, this is not the first time that Devilman96 has pulled my buns out of the fire and it’s probably not the last.
I did search for my switches for hours before posting the question as to where could I get them. I searched Steel Soldiers, I googled every possible combination of part numbers and FSN’s that I had. I searched all of the usual military parts dealers websites. I even searched Saturn Surplus. An explanation is in order as to why I didn’t find the switches on Saturn Surplus. I am on a very slow dial-up at the Flying F Ranch. I’m talking about one kb a second! I cannot afford the fancy pants fast connections; my money goes on green stuff.
When the Saturn Surplus website comes up, a bunch of green buttons appear, about one every 3 seconds on my computer. As soon as the M561 button appeared, I hit it, not waiting for the button marked ‘Switches’. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Anyway, through research I discovered that Caterpillar still sells these switches. I called my local CAT dealer, yeah, he could get me 3 switches. $166.01 each.
One Hundred and Sixty-Six dollars and one cent each. One Cent? Why bother?
I asked him how many he had sold to date. “None”. Heck, I wonder why not?
But Devilman96 replied to my request one hour and nine minutes after my post, giving me a good source of supply for the switches at $18.50 each.
If you do the math, (don’t bother, I’ll do it) for 3 switches Devilman 96 saved me $442.53 No, I’m not sending him anything besides a thank you, I’m too cheap.
Also, there is no way in this world that I’m really going to pay $166 for a switch. Plus one cent of course.
But the point of this post is twofold;
1) Don’t hesitate to give advice, good, bad or whatever. 99% of you know stuff that I don’t know. I know stuff that 99% of you don’t know. Does that make sense? The whole point is to share the knowledge, we all gain from that. A person does not have to take your advice, but they will appreciate your effort in sharing it.
2) Donate if you can to this website. I say if you can. I donated what I could afford and it made me feel good to give something back besides my spotty advice. M813RC just made a donation that knocked my socks off, he justified it by telling me that where else could he get all of this great advice (and tips) at any price? The answer is – nowhere else.

Thanks a bunch to Chris, Mangus and the tons of others who make this site possible.

Sarge

There is one more important thing I forgot to point out.
Devilman96 wrote the above reply to my question about where to get the switches and a speedo;
"Saturn for around 20$... The speedo can be had from anywhere."
Followed by a link to Saturn's website page showing the switch I needed.
What Devilman96 failed to point out......
He has a MV parts company called OD Iron.
He sells lots of speedo's at his company, so why did he not give me a link to his own website instead of telling me that the speedo can be had anywhere?
Well, personally I think that says quite a lot about his character as a member of Steel Soldiers.
He's always quick with the correct answer to a problem, yet he never touts his own goods, instead he tells you where else to buy stuff. What do you say to that?
Heck, I'm impressed!
-Sarge

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks