• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goats

brose86

Been reading here for awhile but never posted. I figured this was as good a time as ever. Anyways, I wish I could get a Goat but just don't have time for a project right now .

Last edited by a moderator:

dmetalmiki

Well firstly, welcome to the site, hobby, friendships, and events to come. Once you have your chosen vehicle, you don't have to carry out project work right away, if you do not have the time After a hard days work, Imagine coming home and just grabbing a fizzy drink? then sitting down to relax admire and chill. You WILL find the "time" to potter further trust me!.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well you just missed out on one that was 90% complete. It needed some brake work and a top and that was it. Unfortunately for you, but fortunately for me, it sold on Monday.

Jericho

there not that hard to find, I have two. Check out "Dr Evil Pork Chop, in Vermont he's on this site , he used to have a line on 3 or 4 of them , he likly still has one. he a nice guy and will have an idea where to find one.

brose86

Thanks all. I have stumbled on a few. A lot of restoration involved but would definitely make a good project. Many have been recently working on projects on here. Neat to read about for sure. Intimidating though.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't GSA just surplus a bunch of them last year in OK?

Scott
Most went to a scrapper and they were all pretty rough. The 2 I got out of NC last year were both runners (with very little work) in fact mine we just swapped batteries, checked fluids, then drove it on to the trailer.

brose86

Forgive my ignorance but are parts interchangeable for the most part through the different years they were manufactured?

Shame to see them go to the scrapper, rough or not. Im sure many would love to get ahold of them for some of the parts.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgive my ignorance but are parts interchangeable for the most part through the different years they were manufactured?

Shame to see them go to the scrapper, rough or not. Im sure many would love to get ahold of them for some of the parts.

Everything is interchangable. Biggest difference is the engine covers and there were only 2 styles of those.

combat32

Anyone buy one off gsa out of okieland today? I was about to pull the trigger on the sand colored one, but for me right now recovery would be difficult so I passed, probably a big mistake.

OkieM1008morrison

I had the chance to look all of them over, a couple of months ago. the sad thing is most of them were missing alternators, starters, and other various parts in the engine compartments. these goats were worked hard and put up wet for shure! 3 years ago they loaded up 50 of these things, some in running condition and trucked them to an undisclosed military base in California and were put out on the shooting range for target practice.......very sad to say the least. supposedly the military wouldn't release them to GSA to sell. who knows why!?

wsucougarx

Welcome aboard. I don't have time for a project either. I just tinker two hours here and two hours there. Eventually, I'll have her completed. Just like everything done right...it takes time;-).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks