• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Garrett Mobility Trailer...I am new at this

weaponxarmory

So I have been combing the internet for months trying to find exactly what I wanted in a trailer and I found it. I purchased my trailer on govliquidation and should pick it up next week. I just need a little input on painting the trailer and electrical.

I do a lot of camping and hunting (not unusually rough terrain). This trailer is going to haul gear and will not be used as any sort of sleeping quarters as I don't see there being enough space for both. That being said I would love to add a deep cycle battery and a small power inverter the power a few small items when hunting, camping, or tailgating. I am a beginner with electrical setups. Besides the battery and the wires that connect to the power inverter, what else is needed or what am I missing about setting this up? Also if you have large enough solar panels is it possible to actually CHARGE a deep cycle if off-road for days instead of just MAINTAINING a battery with solar power?

Lastly, Painting...I believe the enclosure is air craft aluminum and the chassis is steel. The chassis has surface rust and I know will need to be blasted and painted. Powder coating, painting....????

Any kind of ideas or knowledge from you guys would be much appreciated!!!
56483113.jpg56484127.jpg56483128.jpg56484139.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, body is Aluminum. I pressure washed it and was surprised how much carc dissolved off. Must use water based oe.

I just rough sanded the frame where rusty, primed with rust o leum rusty metal red primer and top coated with brush using rust o leum metal flat black both purchased at home depot.

The back bottom left has a 110v feed through plug and on the inside is a duplex outlet. Easy to wire additional fixtures and lights as there is a conduit already for trailer clearance lights.

All lights are 12v and uses a rv 7 way flat plug.

Trailer is nice and tall to stand in.

Heavy trailer 2400lb and wide but easy to tow. No shocks, torsion bar set up, dexter electric brakes. I was missing braek away switch and battery case cover.

I am not knowledgeable on electric set up you are attempting.

Add your city, state to your location before a mod notices :)

more info on my thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?119329-Moblity-SPEARR-trailer-made-by-Garrett-Container

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, as we are going to use it for general hauling.

It is pretty roomy and you can easily have a cot and plenty of storage. There are nice frame studs on the inside you can mount stuff to. Mine had m12 rifle racks bolted to those vertical supports and you have over the wheel wells also to mount stuff.

You will surprised as to how much room is in there.

The hitch can also be easily changed to a regular ball as it is bolted into the adjustable channel with 2 bolts. I picked up a combo 1 7/8 & 2 inch coupler from croft trailer for $40ish. I also changed the tail lights to standard truck led available everywhere.