• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Garwood winch dimensions

Elwenil

Ok, I'm almost positive I have seen a drawing somewhere that gave the dimensions of the Deuce winch in the TMs but after hours of searching and downloading I have yet to find it. Anyone know the TM number offhand or have the drawing they could post in a readable size? I am planning my project and looking for a good sized PTO winch and the Garwood may fit the bill but I need the dimensions to see and plan mounting points, PTO shaft, and so forth. Also, does anyone have the approximate weight of the 10K Garwood?

There has got to be a better way to organize and describe the TMs on this site than what we have. Some don't even list what vehicle the manual is for so you have to download it only to find out it has nothing to do with what you want. It's just a serious PITA to find what you want if you don't already know the TM number. Perhaps I'll post something in the suggestions forum...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Now that's an answer!

biggestc69

Thanks gringeltaube! Needing the drum actual 5" drum size so I can figure out a roller fairled for the back of my M1008! You just saved me from unspooling a ton of cable.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
MR. G is incredible, he has more info along with drawings stashed then most of us could ever imagine no matter how hard we thought about it.

THANK YOU MR. G

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got that right Ron. Plus he is a great guy!! :D
That is so true, was one of the HIGHLIGHTS of the 11SSGAR, getting to meet and talk to mr G., then having him show up again this year , I did notice the he UPGRADED his load carrying capacity, at this rate, next year he most likely will show up in a deuce.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He might Ron but that is going to be one long drive. :grin:
Hey you both... one day I might drive one of my Deuces back "Home"... to where it originally came from!:) Or NO, wait - there are enough of them there, already. Better try just the opposite....:driver:

And... Thanks for the kind words!... but I'm just one of your crew; happy when being helped- or being able to help...!, and enjoying our Green-Iron-Hobby like so many others do!

G

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks