• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Garwood Winch w/o cable Boyce Equipment good deal?

gunnersmate

Boyce Equipment in Idaho is offering Garwood 10,000lb winches without the cable for $995, as apposed to with the cable for $2,500. It would seam to me the cable would be fairly easy to replace but why is there such a large price difference? I can't imagine that cable costs $1505. Is there something here I don't know?

ralph3162

Boyce Equipment in Idaho is offering Garwood 10,000lb winches without the cable for $995, as apposed to with the cable for $2,500. It would seam to me the cable would be fairly easy to replace but why is there such a large price difference? I can't imagine that cable costs $1505. Is there something here I don't know?
is it for just the winch or for bumper extension's and everything. I got my winch just the winch $200 then cost me $250 and change for 200' of cable. The whole setup with extension's, pto, linkage, cable, hook, and winch was only around $1800 for everything and I did the install. I did buy mine a piece at a time from a lot of different places and then when I had all the pieces I did the install.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's nothing you don't already know about Boyce! I'd surmise they don't want to be bothered sourcing and installing cable!

Suggestion: If you are looking for a winch, just take it slow and troll the classified section of this forum from time to time. You will find that what you want will show up here if you are patient. And you will keep money circulating within our group!

Rick

ralph3162

:ditto:
There's nothing you don't already know about Boyce! I'd surmise they don't want to be bothered sourcing and installing cable!

Suggestion: If you are looking for a winch, just take it slow and troll the classified section of this forum from time to time. You will find that what you want will show up here if you are patient. And you will keep money circulating within our group!

Rick

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Cheapest I have sourced the correct wire rope for the deuce is $3.60 a foot. X200, plus the attaching hardware.

Doesn't add up to $1500, but it's a chunk.

rustystud

Gunnersmate, are you near any logging companies or heavy equipmentsuppliers ? You can usually pick-up a good deal buying there remnants. The cable comes on large spools, and logging companies and heavy equipment dealers will not always buy the whole spool. I have gotten real good deals this way for 1/2" and 5/8' and 3/4" wire rope.

18operator

Yes, Rustystud is right, Also look into any crane companies that are near you. They always have something on hand, usually top of the line too!

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The proper line for that winch is called 6x19, which refers to the strands. It has a fibre core, and is abrasion resistant. As much as 220' will fit on that drum.