• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Garwood winch

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that I'm aware. There is a pic of a truck in the M35a2 operators manual that shows a truck with a level wind. It you look closely you can see it's a pic of a 5-ton though (misprint).

Vintage iron

Let me see what I can wipe up. You are basically sandwiching the cable between two boards. I have seen this on older winches. I would imagine Hardwoods work best and last the longest. I need to make one for my winch anyways.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I lik garwood wenches but more fond of LINY wenches. Only issue with LINY wenches is the tenchon is always high.

KsM715

Let me see what I can wipe up. You are basically sandwiching the cable between two boards. I have seen this on older winches. I would imagine Hardwoods work best and last the longest. I need to make one for my winch anyways.

You know he's asking about a level wind, not a fairlead right?

91W350

One is talking about a level wind, the other is talking about a device to wrap cable tightly on the drum...too much tension in this thread for me.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks