• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gas tank question

I'm working on my 67 m37 and I have a question. I've searched the forums with no luck, and unfortunately I can't access the TMs due to not having access to a computer at this time (I can only get online with my phone for the time being). I need to know if the gas tank can be removed from underneath, or do I have to remove the bed to get it out? I'm mounting a new tank in the bed, so I only need to remove the old tank, not replace it (a winch may find itself in that spot in the future). The truck is being built to be used almost strictly offroad, so I'm not worried about it being original. Thanks in advance for all advice.

I thought so, I've just been having issues getting it to drop out after I removed the straps and fuel line/gas gauge wiring. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going about it wrong. Thanks for the info!

greeno

I'm sure you got it by now, but it does take some wiggling back and forth. I believe I slid mine all the way to the passenger side, tipped it down, then slid it to the drivers side. Good luck, it'll come.

Thanks for the help guys, the tank is out. It was just being a stubborn SOB for me. PWFire, my friend and I were just discussing that same option today when we got it out, although his suggestion had been one from an S10 Blazer. I already have a large replacement tank that I'm going to mount in the bed. It's a side mount tank from a C60 or similar truck. This truck is being built for the woods, and where we wheel there are some pretty nasty rock sections, so mounting the tank in the bed will give me piece of mind knowing I won't have to worry about puncturing it on the trail. Plus the tank is about 40gal so it'll hold plenty in case someone else has fuel issues and needs to borrow gas to get back to camp I'll have them covered. Also having it mounted above the rear axle will probably help me with traction.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks