• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Deuce

ford381stroker

I just finished looking at a Gasser Deuce tonight thats been sitting out on a farm for the last 20 years. See below for two pics. My camera started acting up and I was unable to get any more.

What is a good price for a gasser Deuce that has been sitting and does not run and doesn't come with a title. He said the military didn't issue one and he didn't care at that time because he was using it on the farm.

Being that old, are the parts worth anything? The floor pans still look to be good. The top is mostly gone. The motor is complete with batteries and all just the same from when it was driven to its current resting place. I don't know what the years of rain may have done to the wiring in the dashboard.

Anyways, here are the pics. I had no clue that the Rockwells in the older trucks didn't have top pumpkins.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Don't part that Deuce out! If the body is in good shape, a little TLC and she could be on the road. As far as price, maybe some of the other Guys will chime in, and get you close. Pictures will definetly help!

Crash_AF

Look into MO's laws concerning transfer of ownership of a vehicle that old. They may accept just a bill of sale or you may have to bond for it. Call the main DMV headquarters in the capitol rather than talking to the pinheads at the local branch because they probably don't know. I'd say save it if you can, I just saved a 53 Reo gasser from the torch.

After sitting for 6 years, the guy put a boat can on it, bypassing the gunked up tank, primed the carb, put new batteries in it and she fired right up. I would not recommend that for a 20 year sitter though, change the oil first before touching the starter or you may wipe out the main bearings.

BTW, I paid $4000 for mine, but it runs and drives (doesn't stop on its own yet though... LOL)

Later,
Joe

Barrman

That is a GMC M211. Completely different animal than the REO M35. Same time frame of production though.

I have a 1952 M35 Gasser and a 1953 M35 Gasser. One is almost done going back together. Unless you are made of money or plan to take years, anything over $1000 is going to be pushing it. Plus, you have to get it home somehow.

wilco

cost

Having set that long all the brake and fuel system will need compleatly gone through. Why was it parked? The 211s and 135's are known to have tranny problems.
I wouldent pay much over the scrap metal price..
You can get newer running m35 from gov liqudation for $1500 to $3000 to give you a comparitive price.

RE: cost

there are lots of good new parts out there for this truck . I spent 3 years and about $10,000 on my 1953 GMC that I'm very happy with it runs great just went over 7000 miles . kenny

ford381stroker

I didn't really want to spend money on it. I am sure I am going to have to spend some on my Duece I pick up in Norman, OK once my EUC clears. I never would have thought it would be so difficult to get that thing ok'd. Do they ever take your license picture and say "It looks clear".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks