• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Tune Up

Barrman

I just happened to have driven the Gasser to work today. Pulling a M105 and going to pick up waste oil after work. However, my manuals are in the truck and I can't get to them. So, I looked it up.

Click on the resources link at the top of this page. Online manuals is what you want and go through a few pages until you get to the correct ones. Any off the manuals for the M44 series that has "February 1965" means the manual covers both gasser and multi fuel.

Here is the exact page:
Steel Soldiers :: Military Vehicles Supersite

Page 31 of the -10 manual says:

plug gap-0.030 inches

point gap-0.022

Page 33 shows the firing order as -1-5-3-6-2-4

I drove the Whistler about 130 miles this weekend pulling the M715 on a trailer. It did great. I drove the Gasser into work this mornign and was amazed again at how even though they look the same, the Gasser version has everthing different. From sound, to power at different rpms to the "feel" of it. The Gasser just has more character. Power is about the same if you keep each engine in its rpm range. Actually, the Gasser can't keep up with the multi on hills. It will run off and leave the multi on flat ground or down hill runs however Hope that was the info you needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks