• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser's CUCV Car lot

gasser

Triplets .... love em'.

So, it was one of those deals you see on GL where you think "God, only that much ?!?!".
I was already bidding on a 'parts' truck so backfill some needed and 'nice-to-have' parts, however came across another beauty. Both at the Montgomery National Guard. I bid on it as well and ended up winning both trucks. This is where the fun begins ... how the hell do I tell my wife :shock: !!

I flat towed one of them back from Montegomery and have a trucking service bring back the other.

I will be trying to get one of these beaut's running (one almost starts, needs batts charged). The other will still be a parts truck, as it's missing way too much stuff to put it back together. Except for some rust in the one that I will be selling running (I hope), they are in pretty good shape (IMHO).

Anyhoo, here are some pics. Enjoy. If you are looking for any type of CUCV parts - let me know. I can hook you up.

-graham

Attachments

Armada

RE: Gasser

Nice. Those southern bodies sure are a lot nicer than the ones typically found up here in the north! May have to use your 'broker' service in the future Gasser. :)

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial

Which truck is the parts truck the passenger doorless one or the tailgateless one?

I am interested in the entire passenger rear quarter panel and gas door assembly if it is any good, and you are willing to remove it. My panel got squished by the antenna mount, and rusted when not repaired properly. I am also interested in the grill if there arent any breaks in it.

Looks like that towbar is coming in handy.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm jonesing right now. My pickup is dead and the ten o nine would be a great daily driver. Guess I need another one. Need to find one of those really good deals or do some trading as I already have stuff I haven't paid for yet.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Damn, nice 3-pack! Last Richmond VA auction they had in 2000 or 2001 before they went to GL auctions, they sold 5 CUCVs in one lot for $100 !! Whatta deal. Mostly stripped, lotsa parts in the backs of each. I figured there was enough in parts to make 2 good ones outta the 5, but man, a lotta work.

gasser

Re: RE: Gasser

builder77 said:
Which truck is the parts truck the passenger doorless one or the tailgateless one?

I am interested in the entire passenger rear quarter panel and gas door assembly if it is any good, and you are willing to remove it. My panel got squished by the antenna mount, and rusted when not repaired properly. I am also interested in the grill if there arent any breaks in it.

Looks like that towbar is coming in handy.
Hey builder77,
Parts truck is the doorless one. Grill and gas door should not be a problem, but I am not sure I am willing to remove the whole panel just yet.
Yeah man, thanks for the use of the towbar. However, I think I am just about done with it ... I don't think I can take in another CUCV at this moment. Maybe when these two trucks go their ways... but either way, I will be handing it back at Aberdeen '07 (unless you need it sooner).

I will double check the grill and gas-door quality and PM you.

-graham

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Gasser

I was wondering as both trucks look fairly good especially with a parts vehicle to draw from. It is the small unseen problems that add up to make it too much trouble to fix though. I was also wondering about two more CUCVs as you had said you wife was not happy about the idea of bringing that M109 home at all.

I know that panel would be a pain especially if you don't have decent cutting tools as it would be easier to cut bigger and dirtier. The replacement panels are a bit expensive, so if it is any good I might be able to make it worth your time. I am sure this would be one of the last things before it hits the scrap yard though anyways.

I am really look forward to Aberdeen this next year, and maybe the convoy too [thumbzup]

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gasser,
How about two front seats? A set of straight bumpers? I'm actually coming to Cairo to pick up my M1009 and my M101 in a couple of weeks. The M1009 has minor damage on the bumpers and I could use a full set of seats (you could have mine in a trade). If you were willing to part with the antenna holder, I might be interested also. I could also use a set of six wheels if they weren't an arm and a leg. Or at least one, as I have no spare and have a 1200 mile trip home.

I'll even swap out tires. If yours are worn, I'll take them. The two on my fronts are fairly new. The rears look ok, but have dry rot. So I was going to purchase four new tires (or five or six if you can sell me some wheels) before I hit the road for a 1000 mile plus trip home.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Boy you got quite a collection going there Graham! The most I ever had was 2 at once. I had my daily driver '09 and then I bought a rust bucket '09 in columbus for a few hundred bucks plus wrecker fee back to WV. I was going to build a rock crawler out of it, but ran out of time and money so I parted it out. I still miss my CUCV. I need to call the guy that bought it and see if I can arrange a visit and maybe a drive.

gasser

wallew, I think we can work something out. I do have the bumpers and 1 seat that are in excellent condition. I do have 1 "good" wheel/tire combo, and 1 spare rim, along with the Antenna mount. I will PM you the details.

Thanks!

-graham

gasser

Re: RE: Re: RE: Gasser

builder77 said:
I know that panel would be a pain especially if you don't have decent cutting tools as it would be easier to cut bigger and dirtier. The replacement panels are a bit expensive, so if it is any good I might be able to make it worth your time. I am sure this would be one of the last things before it hits the scrap yard though anyways.
Yeah, I will cut it - maybe within the next 2 months? I can grind it off bigger, and let you clean it up. I'll PM you. Thanks builder77,

-graham

Jetnoise400

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Gasser

Hey Graham,

Any chance the plastic covers on the front seat belts are usable? I'm referring to the plastic sleeve that holds the belt up off the floor between the front seats. I'm missing both of those.

Got a tire iron? Let me know.

Thanks!

zyrtecx

Hello,
I send you a private message about so parts, but I'm also looking for a original jack and lug wrench and a spare tire with rim...
Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks