• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gauge install?

Massm35a2

Installed oil pressure gauge today. 50psi idle when cold. Warmed up 20psi idle, 40 at speed.

I also got a temp guage, where can I install the probe? I don't want to affect the glow cycle or warm up cycle by removing any of the senders. Is there a sender just for the idiot light that I could get rid of?

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

ragedracer

Installed oil pressure gauge today. 50psi idle when cold. Warmed up 20psi idle, 40 at speed.

I also got a temp guage, where can I install the probe? I don't want to affect the glow cycle or warm up cycle by removing any of the senders. Is there a sender just for the idiot light that I could get rid of?

Thanks for any help

My oil pressure is ~70 psi idle when cold, warmed up 40psi idle, 60 at speed. 60k miles for reference.

I removed the dummy light sender for the temp gauge. Its located on the side of driver side head near the front, just behind the alternator. Almost even with the glow plugs.

ragedracer

Thanks, looks like the temp guage will be going in next weekend :)

Quick tip - If its a mechanical gauge, DO NOT REMOVE THE "CABLE" FROM THE GAUGE.

Its filled with ether. If you take it off, you ruined it! You have to figure out how to get it through the dash, then through the firewall, etc all in one shot.

Armada

Keep the idiot temp light. The sensor for that is in the drivers side head at the rear. There is another passage with a plate over it in the same spot on the pass side head. Go to the dealership and order the cover with the threaded opening in it and a gasket and put it on the pass side head. Run your temp gauge probe from there. After installing, start the truck and loosen the probe and bleed any air out then retighten.
Hard to see but picture shows where the probe is at, and the other shows a good location for mounting the gauge.
Do a search, this topic has been discussed before.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks