• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gauge wire routing

chief1983

Been searching for a bit, not really finding what I was looking for. I believe I've read a post here or there about some magic spot in the firewall that was easy to run some wiring through into the cab, but I can't find any reference to them. If there isn't some easy place to route it through, I'll drill a hole or two but I I've been looking around and haven't found anything here or on the firewall itself. Maybe I missed it though, if someone knows a trick I'd really love to hear it. I hate drilling holes.

eagle4g63

With Chevy trucks I usually would poke a whole through the rubber grommet around the main wire loom (there is plenty of room) and run in through there, comes out right at the fuse block.

allenhillview

I was upset at a post, maybe I over reacted but someone says negative things when I tried to help someone else and then get reply like that.

I shouldn't carry feelings on shoulder, sorry to who may have taken it wrong way.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
take out diagnostic (STC) plug and wire from under dash, it does nothing, no one has equipment and it is old school stuff, unhook at plug under hood, engine side,use gromet and hole space.
Really?

Everybody isn't like you, speaker at family night from our elementary school last night is teaching awareness about it.
Huh? :confused:

allenhillview

Been searching for a bit, not really finding what I was looking for. I believe I've read a post here or there about some magic spot in the firewall that was easy to run some wiring through into the cab, but I can't find any reference to them. If there isn't some easy place to route it through, I'll drill a hole or two but I I've been looking around and haven't found anything here or on the firewall itself. Maybe I missed it though, if someone knows a trick I'd really love to hear it. I hate drilling holes.
Find wire from STC in cab follow to engine bay, unplug , cover , use hole in firewall

chief1983

With Chevy trucks I usually would poke a whole through the rubber grommet around the main wire loom (there is plenty of room) and run in through there, comes out right at the fuse block.
Hmm, the only 'main wire' anything I can see is the block connector directly behind the fuse block, not really with much of a rubber grommet. But in the engine bay, up and to the left of that, I did find one black insulated cable going through a large grommet that I was able to push a screwdriver through. I can probably get a few wires through there without causing too much trouble for myself.

eagle4g63

That might be the one I was thinking, it's been a while since I have had to do one.......If Nick comes by with his blaser(I'm suppose to be doing some stuff to it), I will look and see if there was anywhere else.