• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gday from the land Downunder

dukwhunter

Gday everyone, How we are doing?

My name is Kristin located in Tasmania, Australia. My husband and I have recently purchased a 1944 DUKW as a restoration project, and plan to restore it to full running order. The only major changes it will have a modern motor and gearing system. Apart from that, she'll look like as she did when rolled out of the work shop in WWII.

I've also created a website www.dukwhunter.org to keep everyone updated on our progress.

I hope to chat and meet you all shortly. :beer:

Kindest regards,
Kristin

Heath_h49008

Now I know what could be done with those DUKWs that were for sale in Oz that had been cut into trucks...

Almost forgot! Welcome aboard!

Last edited:

Whitey

Neat project. Looks like mostly surface rust, but I know pics can be deceiving. I notice the CTIS is intact and was wondering how common that is with a truck so old. Have fun with the rebuild!

dukwhunter

Thanks for the luck guys, I think we'll need it :beer:. On saturday we're going to go though the Dukw and find all sorts of odds and ends that the seller put in for us. There is a massive apple crate full of stuff... will be interesting to what we find in there.

Apart from that we have pretty much bought all the machines that a needed... so far... Gotten a new drill press, lathe, welder etc. Also tracked down all different Machine work books for the dukw. So reading those at this point in time.

So happy to say "let the games begin!" fat lady sings

dukwhunter

Australia is a wonderful place thats for sure! If your ever deside to come out bush bring us a call. Where abouts do you want to travel in Oz?

Mr Skipper is coming along nicely and is tasting very nice. Made a lovely strew a few days ago. The kids and hubby loved it.

Last edited:

dukwhunter

We have since got our beauty shipped out onto our friends property ready for the work to begin. Having closer look, the floor has rooted though, so we will have to flip her and start from the bottom and work our way up. But the good news is that frame is mainly in good order and most of it jst surface rust.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks