• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear Help for pulling

mattg2448

So I will be doing truck pulls in the next week or so with the deuce.. And I'm wondering, 2nd low? or first? I am thinking 2nd might bog down and stall.. But you never know!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1st gear/high is almost the same as 2nd gear/low. Doing parade duty, I like to use 2nd gear/low to crawl, because I can upshift and downshift back to 2nd if need be. Can't shift back into 1st gear once you're moving.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1st/low is going to be slooooow. You do need to get momentum off the line while the sled weight isn't on top of you. It shouldn't have any problem getting started in 2nd/low. The pull is going to be slow no matter what. LOL

smoke

Matt
There was one that pulled at the Buck in Lancaster Pa during a trucker's day It helps miracle children or make a wish. He was unload and going to guess aired down some just slight bulge to them. He brought the rpm up to build the boost eased clutch out Got her walking out to 25 or 50 feet before full engage clutch and then stood on it. one gear never shifted. Don't remember if it was a full pull or not. Maybe a video on u tube of it look under the trucker's day at the buck. I would say high 2nd or low 3rd because you need power and some speed to get you down the track as far as you can before that weight is all the way up on you.I would not recommend shifting because you lose momentum and time as that weight still coming up on you. You going to have to lug her alittle abit at the begin but make sure she fully lite by the 100 foot maker or so. you'll know if she will lite before then.I don't know how they do it there but at the buck they give you to 50 or 100 feet to shut it down if she won't light up(lugs to far down) and you can try again. My final 2centsis to have fun win lose or draw. Take pics or a video I want to see it.

PS if she start bouncing to bad back out of it no sense in breaking her.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks