• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear oil in front hub

Two Dogs

Gear oil has leaked into the left hand front hub, not caused by over filling or blocked breather so I assume the inner axle seal has failed. I have read as many threads as possible and checked out the tech article on rebuilding front hubs. The parts book only shows 1 hub seal and the inner axle seal but posts mention inner and outer hub seals, are there two hub seals on the front or does this only apply to the rear?

jasonjc

Yes the front has just the one seal on the back side of the hub. When you do it do both sides and put on a set of one pice boots back on. The boots go on ALOT easyer if every thing is really clean. If it were me I would also replace or rebuild the wheel cylinder when its all apart.

AceHigh

Yes the front has just the one seal on the back side of the hub. When you do it do both sides and put on a set of one pice boots back on. The boots go on ALOT easyer if every thing is really clean. If it were me I would also replace or rebuild the wheel cylinder when its all apart.
That is really great advice.

Brock Steel

The inner is a oil control seal, the outer hub seals are grease control seals. You will need a bearing puller and slide hammer. Make sure you ATV the inner seal good and grease the whole thing good. The inner hub nut is torked to 50 pounds and back of 1/8 inch, Outer 150.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks