• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear ratio for M1008.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wes:
You are the man. I am sorry I did not get out to Riley while here at Leavenworth it just could not be fit in my schedule and I head out to Korea early tomorrow morning.

The gears in the M1008 keep it draging it self down hill. The M1009 will pick up speed coasting downhill and the M1008 slows down on the same hil.

Westech

CPL
Its ok Armyman.. I was really hurting for the first week and a half and just started to get up and around on my own. I would not have been that much fun any way. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Fine State of Kansas.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glad you are feeling better and tell your lovely wife that we will have to meet some other time. If you get assigned to Korea let me know and I will try to get you in the EUSA HQ.

No M1008's on duty here but I did see an M1009 down in Busan at the Navy Base earlier this year.

beaubeau

Darn!! I had a 1989 GMC3500 with 6.2 and 4.11 gears, and I thought those were LO!!?? These M1008 must SCREAM at 55-65 mph!!?? What a differeace between the gears of M1009-M1008. I got an M1009that goes real well with 308s. Now I must prepair EUC for a M1008 I got today. Tried to get 2, but got out bid last 2 minutes. Phil

HikerLT

Newbie question here- How would you change the M1008 gears so you get better highway speeds..? Would you have to change both the rear and the front differential gears ?

ssgtwright-usmc

So what kind of spline does a M1008 gear 4.56 ratio have? Been thinking going with a smaller ratio to get better fuel milage but dont know what tyoe of spline it has.

aboonski

I never take my M1008 above 55 mph because I am afraid of destroying the motor. Is it okay to exceed 55 mph on a regular basis? I really want to get a tach for the 6.2 to be sure I never exceed red line. Just bought one of those STE/ICE units from Fred and hoping it will have a tachometer mode somewhere in the system. Anyone familiar with these units?

aboonski

Well rfischba1, my M1008 is in third gear by the time I hit 25 miles a hour if that's any help. Count the number of times it shifts or go through the gears manually - you just might have a defect in your transmission where it never shifts into third gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks