• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gear ratio

Croatan_Kid

Nah, especially if you don't have overdrive and run it at highway speeds. With no OD, 4.56s and my 11.00Rs I was still revving kinda high at 55 mph. Now I have OD and still only run like 60, but I can go a lot faster if I need to.

Hoot_223

the gears are free from a friend, but will it hurt what i can tow with it by running the 4.11's

Croatan_Kid

To swap over to a 700R4 from a TH400 you'll need:

a dipstick
a flexplate
torque converter bolts
a torque converter
a transmission
a 27 spline NP208 transfer case
a tall 700/208 adapter (they can be hard to find)
TV cable bracket (also hard to find)
lockup wiring

The two trans/t-case combos are almost exactly the same length, so no driveshaft mods are needed. Also, you go from a 2.48 first gear in the 400 to a 3.06 first gear in the 700 plus the 30% overdrive gear with a locking torque converter for maximum efficiency.

Also, the carrier break on a D60/14 bolt is 4.10 and down. You can run 4.11 gears on a 4.56 carrier. At least I'm pretty sure anyway.

AJMBLAZER

Just to add to the above the whole swap can be done using nothing but GM parts. However it's up to you to gather those parts either bit by bit or by buying a whole vehicle with them all.