• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geared Lug Wrench

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got my lug wrench that were being sold on site, but mine didn't come with the handles. Anyone have the measurements of the handles, Length and Dia. maybe I can find some material that will work.

Thanks

3dAngus

Hummm.... I was just looking for a lug wrench. Do you know if yours will fit the M105 wheels? Is it the 2 piece? Its not on the classified anymore. What was the price and source?

3dAngus

I finally found my micrometers. They get legs sometimes. Lugs measure 1.5" on the M105.

Will PM you. Thanks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The geared lug wrench only works with the rear duals on the deuce (and the 5-ton, etc). Won't work on the front wheels, or trailers that are single wheel. If you can't get the wheel off with a normal Budd wrench and a 3-foot bar, you need an impact wrench.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kohburn, that tool looks pretty neat, but if it don't say "Made in the USA" you know where it is made. That means I don't buy it.

I don't want to start another China tools thread, please, just my two cents on the issue.

However, if I could find something like that made by people here at home, I'd spring for it in a heartbeat!

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
The geared lug wrench only works with the rear duals on the deuce (and the 5-ton, etc). Won't work on the front wheels, or trailers that are single wheel
It will if you put a bar thru the large hole. Were they issued with 2 handles? I made a single double duty bar out of 3' long round stock (for large hole). I turned down one end a for a few inches so it does the small hole too.

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, when I first seen the add, they were new in the box. I got one of the old ones. I was just looking for the size of the two bars, so I could make up some myself.

Jake0147

The small bar is 3/4 inch round bar, 21 inches in length.
The large bar is 1-1/8 inch DOM tube with a .175 inch wall, kind of beat up though, might be 3/16... Anyhow, it's 36 inches in length.
The large bar is the reaction member to steady the center gear in the absence of a bud cap.

Attachments

Last edited:

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jake, That's what I was looking for. I read in the Ken-Tool cat. that the bars are heat treated. Maybe I better buy some rather than make them. The picture helped alot.

Ron

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Jake, That helped me a bunch too. I have the geared wrench but never knew about using
the large handle as a reaction bar.
Bruce

1stSarge

I believe Kipman still has some very nice used ones. PM him. I got mine from him and I think it is the greatest thing to come along since sliced bread. What I used to do with a 5 foot bar I can now do with an 18” bar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks