• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Geico will insure Deuces now

WyoDeuce

I recently had a meeting with my life insurance agent and he was VERY against GEICO. He said "buy your insurance from whoever you want but if you have a claim GEICO will never pay" He is an independant agent writing policies with many different companies. I get my deuce insurance from state farm. It is a comercial policy and it is only $170 for a whole year with 50/100/50 coverage which is better than minimum coverage. Shop around some more. $500 isn't a very good deal.

BLKBRD

I've had my Duce with Geico for two years now comercial policy $228 a year & both my motorcycles for another $600. Never had a problem with getting Geico to pay. Sounds like sour grapes from your agent.

zout

This is just an observation from experience and it is not to instigate or rile anyone up.
A little over 2 years ago I was the service manager for a Harley D dealership and worked in between the owners 2 dealerships.
I handled all the wreck estimates and accident estimates and also dealt with all the different insurance adjusters.
There are 3 top very difficult companies to deal with from a repair status and also back to the customer getting what he is paying for status. You cannot believe how many times these top 3 companies wanted to let "you" tghe customer hang out to dry.

With these 3 top companies - it got to the point where it was stated to the adjuster to just pay for the tech's time for completing a full and detailed estimate and just take the customers wreck somewhere else - they then start to work with you which is not satisfactory either - because then they start to nit pick "them" the customer on what he was to wind up with.

If you just wish me to pm me I will tell you those top 3 companies but I will not do it on the main forum to incite a riot.

There are also top 3 companies that never blinked an eye for the customer and knew all the estimates were exact and in full detail - there was nothing to compromise on.
There is just more "behind" the scenes than what some people realize.

mtnrebel

i have had mine thru geico for over ten years. non-commercial policy, maybe $100, $150, cant remember now, but i aint had a probelm one. my pickup is on the same policy, and when it got broken into, the were easy to work with, i paid the deductible, and they fixed the rest.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to start a riot as Zout said, but I was a regional Special Lines Claims Manager for the #1 motorcycle insurer in the country. We were (and they still are I believe) THE preferred insurance company for Harley Davidson. When you bought insurance through the HOG (Harley Owners Group) program you were buying our insurance. The company that we had THE most heartburn over claims with were Harley dealers. They figured they had you over a barrel and would not repair any paint damage (even scratches) or let you take those parts to a qualified paint shop to have them repaired. You HAD to buy NEW Harley parts painted at the factory. Can you imagine getting a scratch on your car door and having to buy a new door because the dealer woudn't allow it to be painted? I love Harley's, there are 3 in my family, but I would never take one to a Harley dealer for collision damage.

As far as insurance for your deuce or other vehicles you're going to find different claims issues with any insurance company and often even within the same company in different states. Get a company you're comfortable with until they tick you off and then move on to somebody else. There is no systematic cabal trying to screw people out of getting their claim paid but there are rules. 1st and foremost, read your policy so you know what is covered. Don't just trust a salesman (agent) to tell you "Yeh you're covered on that." They're trained to sell you something not fix it for you.

rlwm211

What everyone must remember that which state you reside in makes a HUGE difference in how much auto insurance premiums are. I am in New York State and Commercial truck insurance is not cheap; especially when you do not have a commercial business policy to go with it.

Additionally, with commercial truck insurance here I would have to add a lot of lights to comply with the mandatory vehicle safety inspection. Historically registered vehicles only have to meet their original design specifications.

That would alter my vehcile and it would not appear as it did in service as it does now. That is why I am using a "historical vehicle" insurance company and registered historical.

Just my two cents

RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks