• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 and Gen 2 Alt Belts compatible ??

McCluskey

I had an interesting experience today. I couldn't tension/replace my power-steering belt myself so I took it to my shop to have them do it. I've already replaced my Gen2 belt, so I just had them do the Gen1 while they were in there doing the PS belt. I had previously bought all 3 belts from Autozone, the two for the work and I figured a spare Gen2 couldn't hurt.

The work was only suppose to take an hour, so I hung out at the shop and waited. They get the PS belt in and start with the Gen1. Problem. Autozone sold me the wrong Gen1 belt. (they sold me the wrong Gen2 belt when I threw it a few weeks ago, too!) I told them I had a Gen2 belt in the truck, but it may not work cuz the alt belts are different. They tried it and it worked! A Gen2 belt fit and tensioned on my Gen1 Alt.

From my reading on here, and TMs I always thought the 2 Alt belts were different. Is this true? Or do the alts have enough adjustment room to work with either? Or at least the Gen1 can enough to work with a Gen2 belt? Are they compatible?

pmramsey

This post is still sitting lonely here all day and not a single response. Here is the short of it.

The three different NAPA belt numbers for the CUCV are:

The total price for all three belts without tax is $33.55. These are the "premium" belts manufatured by Walker.

I'll let you sort out the belts and where they go on the engine.