• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 Belt Fell Off

dodger73

So my Gen1 belt fell off a couple of hours from home. Of course it's dark and raining and I really don't have the tools with me to replace it right now. I went and picked up the belt but will I make it home. My gen 2 belt is just fine but not sure if just the gen 2 will keep my batteries charged & lights on. Has anyone dealt with this before? Thank you for all your help!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your really need GEN 1 as the charges the 12v side (front battery) of things and keeps the lights on and the injector pump turned on.

you can swap batteries as needed to get you home

Last edited:

dodger73

Thank you for the quick response Warthog. I put this on for my friend that is trying to see how far he can make it home. So what exactly does the Gen 2 do? Seems to me that the Gen 1 runs most everything. The truck has a battery tinder mounted on the fender when the truck is not in use. It gets hooked up to the front battery and seems to charge the back battery also since it's on a circle. Now since only the gen 2 is running now will the reverse happen - the back battery will help run the front battery???

dodger73

Because of all the wires hooked up to the batteries tied down it's a bit difficult to switch them out. It is possible for the back battery to jump the front battery? Thank you!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't jump the front with the rear. A direct short will occur because of the way the system is wired.

Gen2 will not charge the front battery.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can easily drive all day with Gen1 inop unless you are running the head lights. I did this going to and from the GA rally last year starting the truck several times a day in the process.

fitz

Where in Mass is the truck?.
If your on the South Shore I can bring you tools or a spare battery to limp it home on.

Last edited:

dodger73

Where in Mass is the truck?. If your on the South Shore I can bring you tools or a spare battery to limp it home on.
Thank you for the offer. He found someone to jumpstart the front battery and was about 5 miles from home when the gen 2 belt broke off. Not sure why that happened but luckily he made it before it got worse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks