• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gen 1 light question

Sp0okfish

Today my gen 1 light came on it came on after i pulled out a kenworth tractor. Dont know if that had anything to do with it or not. When i got home i had a complete rebuild kit for the altenator from cucv electric. I rebuilt the altenator, put it back on truck and light still comes on. The light dims down some when i give it some gas but the altenator reads the same. I took the altenator back apart and checked my work everything was correct all the isolaters were put back and what not. The front battery reads 12 volts even and the back battery reads 16 across the batteries is 26. The first time I put the alt. back on it was reading 12v now i cant hardly get 1v out of it. My voltmeter guage in the truck shows in the middle of the green. Im stumped when you unhook the connector the light doesnt come on. I also checked and cleaned the ground wire above the parking brake.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks