• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 Problem

lolercaust

So my M1028 started having a Gen 1 problem. The light comes on at start up and stays on until i drive about 150-200 meters then goes off and stays off, until i shut it down and start it again then it does it all over again. So i swapped the alternators around and the problem didn't fallow, besides gen 1 is only about a year old. Both alternators charge in the low 12's in the gen 1 position. In the gen 2 position they both charge fine. I took it around the block until the light went out and gen1 was charging like it should. The -34 has a lot about testing the 200 volt system but not much about the regular system. I just conducted the test is the -20 that said to disconnect the "connecter" which I'm assuming is the exciter connecter then put ignition in the run position and the gen light didn't come on. So the TM said to trace circuit (see figure F11) but F11 is the diag circuit. What the **** is that gonna do...i removed it years ago. As a side note i just reinstalled the gauge cluster after a freshen up and new LED's except for the gen lights of course. Now i know the gen 1 light shares it's circuit on the printed circuit but if it were a problem then the light would stay on not go off after a few minutes of driving. I'm leaning towards either a load issue with the combination of LED's or the diode is going out. What do you guys think. I'm dying to dig into it but its been raining all day and most likely all tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks