• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 2 Light Stays On While Engine is Running

jplace1011

Looks to me like the rear battery isn't being charged. AND the alternator attached to the rear battery isn't putting out enough voltage.

Any way you look at it, that back battery needs to be on a slow charge overnight. It should be showing 13+ running so the alternator "doing its thing". Regulator might be toast.

I got brave and took apart one of the old alternators. I believe I found the regulator. The piece below that’s white on one side and tan on the other with the two prongs on top. Pics below:

This piece was sitting on top of the Regulator:

I went ahead and ordered these 2 parts. They should arrive in the morning at my local O’Reilys store.

I still have to charge the Rear Battery and remove the Passengers Side Alternator. I’ll do all of that tomorrow, I’m hoping to get it done at my Buddy’s shop. He has a good battery charger and may be able to help with the removal and installation of the alternator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jplace1011

I got brave and took apart one of the old alternators. I believe I found the regulator. The piece below that’s white on one side and tan on the other with the two prongs on top. Pics below:

This piece was sitting on top of the Regulator:

I went ahead and ordered these 2 parts. They should arrive in the morning at my local O’Reilys store.

I still have to charge the Rear Battery and remove the Passengers Side Alternator. I’ll do all of that tomorrow, I’m hoping to get it done at my Buddy’s shop. He has a good battery charger and may be able to help with the removal and installation of the alternator.

Alt. 2 has been fixed and the Gen. 2 light is now off! When I tested both batteries with the engine running they’re at 28.5v. I suspect that’s because the rear battery is a little low, but I’m hoping that will change once I go drive her for a while and charge things back up.

Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks