• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gen 2 light

D10

hello all i posted about a week ago with a electrical problem i am having. i accidently arched the battery with a wrench and after that gen 2 light would come on when using turn signals and brakes. well had the passenger side alternator checked and was bad so i had it rebuilt. oh also the meter was in the yellow after that, and the batteries were older so i bought 2 new ones.
I am still having the same problem after putting rebuilt alternator on, charge wont go into green zone.
I dont see any visible problems with the wires going to the alt, is there any thing anybody can think of to take a look at? electrical issues are not something i have much experience in. I read on other threads maybe something with the glow plugs got damaged?
Any help would be appreciated as this thing has been down for just about as long as i have had it ,close to 2 months now.
i can use it in the day for a little while but at night with the lights on it will drain the front battery. thanks again and i hope this is not something that has been gone over a lot already

jumpmasterjim

check fusable links on passenger side firewall. blue colored wire going into the wire terminal. put you finger behind the wire and pull lightly. If you feel the wire breaking then it is the link.

D10

is tyhis the onr you are talking about? i noticed the other wire with tape on it any of you know what that wire is for? i will check it for damage

Attachments

jumpmasterjim

yes, those are the ones. there are a few fusable links there. also the wire that runs along the fire wall to the glow plug relay. put your index finger behind each one individually and give a tug. Not too hard. If you feel the wire give or hear it give you may have fried one. Also check the output on the alternators. I had a guy near me rebuild quite a few of them and messed most of them up. Tell the rebuilder that this alternator has an isolated ground.

D10

well i found out that the driver side alt was not grounded right so i took care of that and now the voltmeter is in the green and gen 2 light is on more especially on the freeway. the light almost looks like it is blinking sometimes.
if i find a fusable link that is bad can you buy a similar one in the store , i dont think i have seen them in the auto parts store, thanks again

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks