• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 2 voltmeter relay and another.

ratstalker

Awesome, thanks! I am now unhappy, because my freshly rebuilt alt 1 is not doing it's job.
At least I'm learning all about alternators...

Thanks again. Lee

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome, thanks! I am now unhappy, because my freshly rebuilt alt 1 is not doing it's job.
At least I'm learning all about alternators...

Thanks again. Lee

Made sure the bulb is Gen1 bulb is good and the bulb socket is making good contact.

Without the bulbs to complete the exciter circuits, niether alternator will work.

taildragger03

I was going to mention what warthog said about the indicator lights, while your at it with the dash apart cleaning the contacts will save a lot of headache before you put it all back together. Pencil eraser work well to clean up the contact points. Also, corrosion can form on the bulbs themselves.
I have found some really odd places where contacts seem to cause problems. For instances, the wire harness being moved around after 25 years caused breaks in the harness wiring and I had to replace sections of the harness. Enjoy your learning and we are here to help!:)