• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 2

T_F_E

Ok so my gen 2 light is very dim, actually I can't see it at all in the day light. To turn it off and move the voltage gauge into the green I have to rev the sh** out of my motor. Both alternators were rebuilt less than a year ago. My gen 1 light is bright and just takes a light tap of the pedal to go out, that is the way gen 2 use to be. Belts are all tight. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to electrical so any help would be much appreiciated.

Thanks all!
Mike

Stihl029

Mine has been doing the same, I have looked into it just a little, however the gen 2 is not charging. I have just been hooking it up to a charger a few times a week and rolling with it till I get a replacement gen 2 in.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you clarify? Once you've revved it, it keeps charging, or it goes back to the dim light situation?

D10

i am having same problem. havent checked relay yet if it is bad where can you get another one, and how will you know if it is bad?

DaGlitch

Yea, you can get them at any napa, advance auto parts, autozone. You could perform a couple of tests on them, but for $5 bucks a piece it's worth it to just replace it to rule that out.
Trying to find a part number, and will post back when i do.

GM PART # 356284

Last edited:

D10

thanks for that part # i took mine off nothing looked burnt but it is really dusty in there so for a couple of bucks i think ill replace it

DaGlitch

thanks for that part # i took mine off nothing looked burnt but it is really dusty in there so for a couple of bucks i think ill replace it
Not a problem. I couldn't find the napa or autozone part numbers, but they should have em. I just replaced both of mine as well, and it solved a whole bunch of problems :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks