• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen set trailers What M #? Has anyone got a SF97 for a Gen Set Trailer from GL??

61sleepercab

I rescued two cheapie former gen set trailers from New Castle GL sale. They had no tags so I have no M number to go by.
QUESTION What is the similar cargo trailer number if these do not have a separate number?

QUESTION Has any one obtained a SF97 for a gen set trailer? I had a gen set trailer complete with generator and the
Government treated the unit as a generator and did not recognize the trailer as a separate title trailer. Any
one ever get a title form for these gen set trailers? Thanks Mark

Attachments

elkhtr

I just processed the sf-97 on my mep oo4a.
It was the trailer that they licensed not the generator
The trailer was a m200a1.
the data plate for the trailer on mine was close to the lunette ring.

MtnSnow

Gen set trailers were known as M116's

ModelFSN/NSNAxleInertia Brake SystemWheels/TiresFrameSpring Leaves
M1162330-542-5987StraightNoTubes??3 in.5
M116A12330-898-6780StraightNoTubeless/Radial3 in.5
M116A22330-01-101-8434StraightYesTubeless/Radial3 in.5
M116A2E12330-01-333-9773StraightYesTubeless4 in.6
M116A32330-01-359-0080OffsetYesTubeless/Runflat/Radial4 in.6

61sleepercab

Thanks for the info. I have a 15kw 4 cylinder diesel gen set mounted on a M105 size trailer with dual 8x20 ndt tires. I sent in my info from sale to GL to get a SF97 and they returned my fee and stated that no title could be obtained for the trailer.

I have a M105 style trailer which has a head board and tarp bows but no trailer sides or tailgate. The trailer has 20" tires and springs with helper springs. I plan to use the axle and springs from the M106 type trailer to soften the trailer ride and lower the deck for mounting a small 4 cylinder power unit and a grist mill. I need a trailer to enclose my grist mill to allow its use to sell corn meal commercially.
I plan to use sheet aluminum or corrugated metal roofing to form a roof and partial sides directly on the GI tarp bow. We will see how hillbilly engineering goes.

QUESTION Does the M116 use similar drums, brake shoes, bearings of the M1101 style Humvee trailers? Thanks Mark

maxtor

Thanks for the info. I have a 15kw 4 cylinder diesel gen set mounted on a M105 size trailer with dual 8x20 ndt tires. I sent in my info from sale to GL to get a SF97 and they returned my fee and stated that no title could be obtained for the trailer.

QUESTION Does the M116 use similar drums, brake shoes, bearings of the M1101 style Humvee trailers? Thanks Mark

We have three M116a3 trailers and one M1101 trailer. I did not check to see if the drums and brake shoes were the same when I greased the bearings on both trailers. I did see that the seals and the bearings were the same.

INNER BEARING KOYO HI-CAP 25580-N

OUTER BEARING KOYO HI-CAP 14125A

WHEEL SEAL AUTO EXTRA 412920 FROM SUMMIT RACING

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks