• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen2 Solenoid

Matt Kahle

Well I have been working on my m1009 finally I took the dash apart. I'm making a list of parts to replace on the truck. Now my gen2 has not been working for some time scene I have had the truck. I rebuilt gen2 and burnt it up then replaced parts in it. When I turn the key to see all the lights light up the gen2 stays dark...it work awhile back. So is it worth it to replace the Gen2 solenoid?

donalloy1

Many threads here to get you familiar with charging system on these vehicles. My suggestion is to become very well versed with it! Once you fully understand what your dealing with troubleshooting is a breeze! Good solid connections with cables in good condition is where I started. Land all terminations with Burndy Penetrox A-13. Just my .02

Matt Kahle

Yeah I was thinking of checking the connections. I want to know why the light doesn't work now that's new to me. I will look at some wire diagrams.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have better search results if you use the correct term, it's a relay(not a solenoid).