• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General antenna question

Ccucv

I have a general question about the antenna found on CUCVs and I couldn’t find a thread about it.
I’m trying to find an antenna for my 84 M1009, but there are several to choose from. Did the CUCV use a certain antenna, or did it vary between the type of radio used? I’m going to have to buy the mount and antenna, and I wanted to go with the antenna that it would’ve come with (or one that was commonly found on it). It doesn’t have the military radio installed, so it would be for looks only for originality. The prices vary greatly, so any input would be appreciated! Thanks

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a general question about the antenna found on CUCVs and I couldn’t find a thread about it.
I’m trying to find an antenna for my 84 M1009, but there are several to choose from. Did the CUCV use a certain antenna, or did it vary between the type of radio used? I’m going to have to buy the mount and antenna, and I wanted to go with the antenna that it would’ve come with (or one that was commonly found on it). It doesn’t have the military radio installed, so it would be for looks only for originality. The prices vary greatly, so any input would be appreciated! Thanks
MX-6707 base with a AS-1729 whip was what was commom for the CUCVs1589033858602.png

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is completely dependent on what radio(s) was/were installed in the vehicle. I have a PRC-77 in mine, so I have a functional MX-6707 base and accompanying antenna for it. I put a SINCGARS AS-3900 on the other side for looks, both are period correct.

mpcucv.jpg

Stayfrostynhm1009

MX-6707 base with a AS-1729 whip was what was commom for the CUCVsView attachment 799282
Any luck finding the antenna for sale? I’m struggling. New to this and just picked up my 1st M1009 to restore.

Attachments

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any luck finding the antenna for sale? I’m struggling. New to this and just picked up my 1st M1009 to restore.
Just start searching ebay and other sites for the parts/antenna you need, they do pop up from time to time. Asking prices have changed since I bought my accessories but you should be able to find an antenna for your new rig for $100 or less.
Make sure you purchase the proper antenna to match the base mount that you already have on your new CUCV. The MX-6707 and AS- 3900 bases are not interchangeable.
Good Luck

Stayfrostynhm1009

Just start searching ebay and other sites for the parts/antenna you need, they do pop up from time to time. Asking prices have changed since I bought my accessories but you should be able to find an antenna for your new rig for $100 or less.
Make sure you purchase the proper antenna to match the base mount that you already have on your new CUCV. The MX-6707 and AS- 3900 bases are not interchangeable.
Good Luck
Many thanks. I have the MX-6707 base

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks