• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General deuce questions

Buckeye2000

I'm a new member here who is about ready to buy a 72 M35A2. Could someone give me an idea on what to expect in terms of cost/availability of parts and service? Is there anything to look for that signals a complete money pit? I know my way around mechanically but have never messed around with a deuce. A friend of mine is a very good mechanic specializing in diesels and heavy trucks, so that should help. This will be primarily a weekend toy and will haul some hay and supplies occasionally.

Also, does anyone know a good source for wheels in Ohio? I plan to ditch the ND tires for some Michelin XML's and covert it to singles.

Thanks for the insight --

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Download and read the TM's...they are in the TM section under the resources tab...start with TM9-2320-361-10 and the multifuel operators manual. If the op manual isn't there, Idaho Motor Pool has it to download for free. Parts are easily had, Memphis Equipment, White Owl, Antelope Valley T&E and our own OD Iron have patrs. They CAN be a money pit, as can a classic car. Just depends on how it was taken care of by the previous owner.

Buckeye2000

Thanks for the insight - I sold my 72 Chevelle earlier this year so I'm very familiar with money pits in general. I may as well try a 6x6 money pit, never done that before :-D

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let us know what you may need. I have a knack for finding things.
Gimpy's right about that:-D.

As far as the money pit goes, They usually don't require much in the way of repairs but most people don't stop with just one and there are always upgrades that you will find you "need" if your truck don't already have them ( heater, hardtop, dropside bed, winch, etc. ). WARNING once you buy one you will be hooked and no amount of money will satisfy your craving for more green iron. Don't say I didn't warn you:-D.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least it's a money pit that can haul home 4 pallets of sod and tow a trailer full of criminal aliens to kick it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks