• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Granite gets a turbo

jsthnt@gmail.com

I have instaled a C turbo in General Granite. I am installing a pyro but it is not here yet.
I have not changed the timing yet, but some threads say to leave it wear it is.
So if I have it change the timing could someone post some pictures of how to do this.
And if I should leave the timing like it is, could someone tell me the reasoning for not changing the timing.
Thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually saw the truck (I ended up with the bed in the pic) and I seem to remember it had a turbo. It's been awhile so I could be wrong though.

Edit: I went back and looked at the pic. Small stack. That would indicate NA.

If that's the case, I'd set the timing to whatever a mutifuel turbo engine sets at according to the TM.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually saw the truck (I ended up with the bed in the pic) and I seem to remember it had a turbo. It's been awhile so I could be wrong though.

Edit: I went back and looked at the pic. Small stack. That would indicate NA.

If that's the case, I'd set the timing to whatever a mutifuel turbo engine sets at according to the TM.
The build thread is here.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/37843-xtreme-4x4-deuce-bobbed-spike-tv.html

and the For sale ad here.
Xtreme4x4 Deuce - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite
$10 G.

And the show can be seen here. Episodes #119, 121, and 127.
Powerblock | Tips For Restoring Cars, Trucks | Full Episodes | Spike | Powerblock TV: Xtreme 4x4 | Season 3 | Free Full Episodes | Spike

jsthnt@gmail.com

No it was a non-turbo so I installed a C turbo which has cut down the smoke and noise tremendously. I'm just not sure about advancing the timing on it. Some say to do it and others say not to. I will be installing a muffler as well. When I got General Granite it was a pretty plain deuce with a few suspension and electrical modifications and no engine modifications.