• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Granite Xtreme4x4 Deuce

rlcmotorsports

Guys,
I am new to this forum, but have tried to read alot of the information on here to help in getting this deuce in great working order. But now I have decided it is time to sell the truck due to some other unforseen issues. I am asking for advice on how to get it sold!

If I can post pics of it to help give ideas of how the 4-link and airbag are set up, or how the bed conversion is done I will be glad to help out.

Thanks, Mike

mudguppy

Mike,

welcome to SS. you need to have more than 5 posts before you can create a classified ad.

so you own the Xtreme4x4 deuce that was built in the show? cool.

the only proper place to get it sold on this forum is through the classifieds. however, i'm sure lots of folks would love to see more pics and have more info on the truck build. i would suggest creating a build thread with lots of pics and all the little details that were not able to be covered in the show. that would also get you plenty of attention to attract a buyer.

[thumbzup]

rlcmotorsports

Mudguppy,
thank you! I have enjoyed reading about these trucks. This forum has been helpful in many ways with me figuring out how to redo some of the things that have worn out over time. Still trying to figure out that **** 24v system!!

To answer the question, this is the truck that was built on Xtreme4x4. I have known Ian for some years now, and had kept tabs on the build myself. When they decided to get rid of it, i couldnt pass it up. The trruck has been a blast to drive, I got on a kick of driving everyday to lunch or home. When the weather was warm take the top off and ride around. Unfortunately, with the new year i new issues to contend with! So its time to sell. I will take some pics of the truck and try to start a post with them. If anybody would like a specific let me know and I will try to get it!

Thanks Mike

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 24v system is just like a car 12v system, but it has 2 batterys. Let us know if you have issues, we can walk you through them.

KsM715

Ian was sort of a member here. Kinda disapointed he didnt let us know he sold the truck.

I guaruntee that if you had put it on ebay without telling us here on SteelSoldiers someone here would have posted about it within an hour of you putting it online.

kennys@wi.rr.com

Ian was sort of a member here. Kinda disapointed he didnt let us know he sold the truck.

I guaruntee that if you had put it on ebay without telling us here on SteelSoldiers someone here would have posted about it within an hour of you putting it online.

It would have been nice to know what had become of the truck. I thought we would see it again on the show.

rlcmotorsports

Ian didnt have any intentions of selling it, just how the cards fell! I know he hated to see it go. This one didnt have to goto the crusher because the steering was not modified, big saving grace!

Thank you guys about the wiring help, no telling how many nights I have setup going through post reading and trying to learn!

Tommorrow I will try to get some pics up on here!

BH345KV

I would be interested in some pics of the four-link. I am looking to bob a deuce soon and am planning on doing a four-link after watching the show, but more details would be nice. Are the inner and outer bars the same length, and what kind of measurement did they go on them? Good to see you post ive been looking for more information this and your truck.

Flat Black

no, there's not really...

New Version of my 4-link Analyzer & Request for Help - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board

and read through HUNDREDS of builds there and on other forums. It is a simple link suspension that can be installed a half dozen ways or more depending on the handling characteristics that you desire. That said, link suspensions are not rocket science and with some research, a competent DIY'er should have no trouble building one.

MANY vendors sell four link kits for 2.5 ton axles, so there is not much to figure out really.

BH345KV

I understand and do not have any experience with a four link (yet), and i wouldnt dive into something i couldnt handle and do it safely, im trying to gather as much info as i can before before firing the torch up, im not looking at doing something half-a**. I know its been done more than once and CC has a nice example, so any input or experience is worth my read.

KsM715

........... suspension that can be installed a half dozen ways or more depending on the handling characteristics that you desire. That said, link suspensions are not rocket science and with some research, a competent DIY'er should have no trouble building one.

MANY vendors sell four link kits for 2.5 ton axles, so there is not much to figure out really.

That was my point. Its not as simple as getting some measurements from someone elses truck and trying to weld up something similar. get off by a few fractions and a few degrees and you could end up with a hand full when you go to drive it.

I dont know him or his abilities and I didnt think it was out of line to ask.

I'm glad to see he came back and replyed the way he did rather than the way someguys do when they have know idea what they are doing and then go ahead and do it anyways.