• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

general identification plate

joho

I am looking for the plate that mounts on the front bumper of a deuce or jeep that lets others know a general of some ranking is on board. I don't really know what it looks like, but it must be like the bridge plate, only with different amount of stars on it. Anyone have any suggestions?

emr

look for vendors in the military vehicle mag, there a a bunch of suppliers that sell em, jeeps and command cars are the only things i ever saw em on. but i am sure there have been other vehicles, would like to see pics of vehicles that had em if any one has some... :) :) :) I do not think there will be a deuce... :) well maybe a 5 star would be classy enough to rumble around in a deuce, :) :) :) he he he ... they do make good targets... :)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am looking for the plate that mounts on the front bumper of a deuce or jeep that lets others know a general of some ranking is on board. I don't really know what it looks like, but it must be like the bridge plate, only with different amount of stars on it. Anyone have any suggestions?
I would guess a plate with a W on it, lets everybody know that the WIFE which out ranks a general in the MV hobby world is aboard.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the plates are generally a 5 x 8 inch rectangle painted a dark blue, with the correct number of stars. they are slipped into a bracket that mounts on the front driver's side (usually) and are OD on the back so they can be flipped around when the General is not in the vehicle - protocol and all that. There are also flags that mount much like the ones we have on many SS trucks for parades. They put miniature flags in them with the rank (number of stars), often on both sides of the front. HTH.

TiredIron

I have a confession to make now that the Statute of Limitations has run out. In 1967 while living at Clark AFB in the Philippines...General Benjamin O Davis was the Base Commander (Two Star). I was a 14 yr old teenager walking home from the Teen Club with my buddies one night. As we walked passed the Officers Club Davis's Staff Car was parked out front. I snagged the "Blue Plate w/two Gold Stars" off of it.......and still have it today. Davis was the first Black General and was in the Tuskeegee Airmen during WWII. My Father was Wing Commander under him.....and Chuck Yeager was Squadron Commander under my Father at that time. Southeast Asia was a busy place in those years.

TiredIron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks